What did you do to your pool today?

Feeling jealous of rising temperatures in northern hemisphere. And nice project Chuck!

Came back after three weeks away, 15-hour flight... pool looks so good I didn't test it (too tired, lol). Rubbed knuckles on chest and thanked the lucky stars :)

Ran my numbers.

FC 7
CC 0
pH 7.3
TA 100
CYA 50

Swept the pool and circulating on low speed today. The pool looks fantastic and is warming up! Thinking I'll be able to put the steps in on Thursday without hyperventilating. :mrgreen:

In other news... I may be looking at another foot reconstruction surgery in August for my other foot. :( I'll have to find someone to come close my pool. I don't want another mess like this year.

Today was a big day...Backwashed and then broke down the DE filter for the first time and cleaned. Recharged with new DE powder, added 3 bags of salt to the pool. Did a full test of all chemicals:

FC 7, I will test daily and when I get to 5 I will run the SWG starting at 50%
pH 7.8 maybe 7.9, I will lower to 7.4 and wait for the drift up. Seems my pool likes 7.8?
TA 90, I overshot when adding baking soda but when I lower the pH this will come back down to my target of 80.
CH 350, I will adjust this up next week to 375 range.
CYA 70, I will adjust up to 80 next week.
CSI 0.09 for now
Temp 82 but slowly rising each day :)
Salt 3000 for now which has been adjusted from 2600 (control panel reading). I will retest this next week as I expect it to rise to the 3200 range. My salt test indicated 3400.

Im so looking forward to the 2018 swim season...thanks to all TFP!!

Dialed back the pump runtime since the cover is mostly closed. I thought I did it the other day so now my FC is 9.

Opened the pool yesterday. The former owner is not a TFPer and I came to find I had ammonia in the water. Poured 8 gallons (2 at a time) of 12.5% over about an hour and registered a 4 (down from 10) around 9:00 last night. The ammonia test result was yellow, but looked closer to 0.25 than 0. Brought FC back up to 10 (1.3 gallons or so) and registered an 8.5 around 9:45. So I brought it back up to 10 (1/2 gallon) and registered a 4.5 this morning. The ammonia test was still showing 0-0.25, but I concluded that the algae is what consumed the FC. I was also getting a CC whiff as well. So I brought it back to 10 and put the CYA sock in the water. We'll see what happens when I get home.

Do need to vacuum in the worst way.

Turned down the solar 2 degrees. As the air temp rises so does the water temp. It was 97 degrees the last couple of days and it was a tad bit warm so I turned it down to 95 degrees which is perfect this time of year. [emoji482]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Worked on the new shed, had dinner on the deck, went for a swim and marshmallows on the fire. Really nice night by the pool and the water is a beautiful 85 degrees.

Attachments

• IMG_20180511_191546.jpg
    IMG_20180511_191546.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_20180511_191433.jpg
    IMG_20180511_191433.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 140
Blew oak tassels off of the autocover. I do it fast so they pop over the leading bar up onto the deck. Thankfully I can blow them through the fence right into the lawn.

Jumped in, cackled gleefully at dead wasp in the skimmer. Hope all his relatives got the message.

Failed my first OCLT of the season this morning, but only by a drop. The water was crystal clear last night, but I noticed something settled in one of the corners of the deep end this morning when I went out for the water. I'll vacuum it to waste tonight and do another test. It's going to rain pretty much all week, so there won't be any swimming. I just want to stop running the pump filter 24/7.

Put new batteries in my pool thermometer, will open the cover up this week. 70 degrees,
af6aa24fefe597411d6aef6c456b0977.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support