What did you do to your pool today?

Made a few adjustments to chem levels, brushed and cleaned baskets. Air temps will be on the rise and we are done with rain for a bit!

I’ve been trying to get my high (130+) TA down. Acid, aerate, acid, aerate, repeat.... on my third gallon of acid now. Looks like this may take a couple more. It really doesn’t like to move with borates in there.

I have it on long standing authority that beer and bleach have no abject chemical reactions when stored in close proximity. But.....neither of them seem to last long so I have no long term studies on the matter.

Skimmed and adjusted chlorine. Enjoying a Mai Tai.
55d1fa8d77fd44de63e568815557b842.jpg
b5da4f86b6367caa12531107aadc1339.jpg

Added chems, brushed adjusted pump run times for the summer swim season. During the winter I shut down salt cell and added bleach as necessary. I ran the pump for 4 hours a day during winter but now I'm back up to 4 hours on high and 8 hours on low...

I don't know about storing beer out there but there has been some consumed during the construction. I may need to start looking for a mini fridge at some point.

Some how I keep ending up with these large building projects. But it's nice to get that corner of the property finally looking finished it's been the neglected corner ever since I built the house. Kinda an eyesore for on the pool deck.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Needed to add a little chlorine after testing. Brushed the bottom and tried to sweep up some of the pine needles on the apron. Fairly windy last couple days and getting a lot of needles blowing into the pool. Ordered a few of the spun hair nets like kitchen workers wear and used those in the skimmer baskets. Those things work great for me. Pulled out a gob of pine needles. Now instead of banging the basket trying to get all the gunk out and having to rinse it I just pull the handle out of the basket, remove the old net and put in a fresh one and replace that plastic handle, DONE !! I haven't used a skimmer sock but I'm guessing it's almost as good and at 200 for eight bucks ya can't go wrong.

Hey Hey!!!

Time to get this party started!

Opening tomorrow. I'm having it done but watching and making notes about everything they do this time (I wasn't there to see last year). It's convenient and I need to build confidence on opening/closing myself in the future.

I waited for all the tassels and helicopters to drop this year and saved three months worth of chems. I'm excited to get things up and running. Today I released the cover on one corner to check water level and grab a sample. Today's numbers:

FC 0
CC 0
TC 0
Ph 8
TA 70
CH 150
CYA 0

A bit of work to do, but not too bad. Will get some chems tomorrow.

Water level is 4 inches below skimmer, just where we left it! I may run some water on it tonight to get it just below skimmer to save some time in morning. It takes a while to raise the level on The Beast.

Tonight I will inventory my test kit and place order for needed refills.

Woohoo! I'm off work tomorrow so I'll check in with progress.

Crystal

Invited some friends over this afternoon so first thing this morning I went out to clean the patio and run some tests so I could adjust Ph and chlorine before anyone got in. Turns out everything was exactly where I needed. Blew off the patio and ran to a Big Box hardware store to get some supplies for my patio umbrellas.

Thank you TFP for helping me keep things in check so I didn’t have to spend all morning adjusting!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support