What did you do to your pool today?

Oh no, needsajet! Did this impact how you cared for your pool? Are they ruining the start of your swim season?

My pool is under the care of others while I hit the beach before ocean/gulf temps become as brisk as my pool. Jellyfish stings from yesterday are gone. I'm glad we don't have to fight Jellyfish in pools. Also, it would be really nice if the ocean was TFP clear.

I regret not bringing my test kit. I had a strong compulsion to test the PH/TA/CH/SALT of the ocean.

i netted 12 salamanders out of my pool tonight after all the rain we got yesterday. i never eve knew we had them in my yard till i got a pool! 12! i always always get them when it rains. i should start collecting them. lol

Became massively ill for 3 weeks and just got the strength back to move around.

Algae bloom in pool.

Dropped in 4 bottles of bleach, filling up stenner with the other 10. Brushed the algae. May take a dive in tonight with a towel and just scrub it out as its resilient.

Haven't done it yet, but plan to test water this evening. Going 3 days between testing now that the new plaster is settled in a bit better and SWG is dialed in.

Ordered some silicone grease as my cartridge filter is showing a slow drip. Need to clean and grease the o-ring. When I installed the new filter earlier this summer the instructions said to not add any lubricant to the o-ring. I knew better, but didn't listen to myself ......

Haven't done it yet, but plan to test water this evening. Going 3 days between testing now that the new plaster is settled in a bit better and SWG is dialed in.

Ordered some silicone grease as my cartridge filter is showing a slow drip. Need to clean and grease the o-ring. When I installed the new filter earlier this summer the instructions said to not add any lubricant to the o-ring. I knew better, but didn't listen to myself ......

I use ONLY this -

BOSS 820 Pool and Spa Silicone Lubricant, 3-Ounce, Clear

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004VU8ZMU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_80O3zb4QX42DJ

It’s pure silicone, no Teflon. You want to avoid Teflon based lubes as they tend to harden with water exposure.

Going back with a cover this year and getting that all ready. Haven't done it the last two, but I'm not hauling out leaves again this year.

What a pain! :hammer:

Why wrestle with a silly bubble cover when you can just use a chainsaw .... chainsaws are way more fun :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pulled Mr T after 5 days in the pool of vacuuming. Ultra fine cartridges were caked with silt.

Next up - DE filter tear down .... probably will do it next week.

Gloomy day today

Topped up water level due to hot and dry weather, and lots of splashing lately.

Brushed walls, skimmed surface, vacuumed bottom, emptied skimmer and pump baskets

Run full battery of test except for CYA

Dropped pH to 6.8 and activated spa jets to aerate in order to lower my TA

Went for a swim

Fixed my leaking filter (silicone grease on o-ring).
Removed my Rainbow 320 in-line chlorinater and replaced with 1.5" sch 40 threaded cap and a little teflon tape. This was a victorious and symbolic celebration. After fighting my pool for years, when desperation was at its peak - I was investigating the cost of filling it in, I find this site!!! Here is to all the TFP community, cheers :cheers:

Fixed my leaking filter (silicone grease on o-ring).
Removed my Rainbow 320 in-line chlorinater and replaced with 1.5" sch 40 threaded cap and a little teflon tape. This was a victorious and symbolic celebration. After fighting my pool for years, when desperation was at its peak - I was investigating the cost of filling it in, I find this site!!! Here is to all the TFP community, cheers :cheers:

This makes my heart smile :hug:

Kim:kim:

Took off the solar cover and jumped in! And installed a new drain plug on the filter because the old one stripped a bit and the o-ring broke. Shame it only lasted 6 summers. :)

We've had a lot of rain and the pool was getting pretty full. I was hoping to not have to do it, but I had to drain 3" of water out of the pool today. It was as full as it can get with a bit spilling out the little hole in the skimmer cover plate.
I checked the chem levels and all look good. Ran the auto-vac. The water looks so clean & sparkly:D, but unfortunately we are in hold mode until the water gets cold enough for closing. :(

Saturday I removed the solar cover, (without dumping the leaves and pine needles in, I add, lol), scooped out the leaves and admired my clean pool......

Only to have the wind shift late Saturday night and blow new junk back in. I went out this afternoon to get some of it out, and was freezing by the time I was done. (51 degrees, brisk wind, water temp 60) I think it's supposed to warm up again in a day or two. Was surprised when I didn't have to add any chlorine, the water temp was 67 the other day. It's going to go in the 30's tonight.
f4a850bd8c4662bb69b5d66e9679e141.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support