What did you do to your pool today?

Hopefully got my CYA up to the correct level. My target is 80, but I tend to go on the low side because I don’t trust the test results and I don’t want to overshoot.

I hate the dot test…….
Fellow hater of the dot test here. I do my best, but I'm never all that confident in it.

• Haha
Reactions: Wolfepack88
After a mild start, summer has hit with a vengeance here in Texas. Finally got the chiller cleaned up and fired up. Water temp was only 85° but I don’t want it getting any warmer than that. I’ll let the chiller run all night and see what the water temp is in the morning. Humidity is kinda high, so it might take a couple of days to get its chill on. Forecast calls for temps over 100° later this week, so it’s Glacier time!

Reactions: Mdragger88
After a mild start, summer has hit with a vengeance here in Texas. Finally got the chiller cleaned up and fired up. Water temp was only 85° but I don’t want it getting any warmer than that. I’ll let the chiller run all night and see what the water temp is in the morning. Humidity is kinda high, so it might take a couple of days to get its chill on. Forecast calls for temps over 100° later this week, so it’s Glacier time!
We got a chiller in anticipation of summertime water temps > 90. Then it turned out that I like the water at up to 89. We rarely use the chiller, but the heat pump gets lots of use!

Reactions: Mdragger88
We got a chiller in anticipation of summertime water temps > 90. Then it turned out that I like the water at up to 89. We rarely use the chiller, but the heat pump gets lots of use!
Another one of those Better to have & not need than to need & not have situations! Thankfully here, a bit north of y’all, my little fountain seems to do the trick most of the time. A boiling pool in the summer is not refreshing 🥵

Another one of those Better to have & not need than to need & not have situations! Thankfully here, a bit north of y’all, my little fountain seems to do the trick most of the time. A boiling pool in the summer is not refreshing 🥵

I don't think I have ever been in a pool in my neck of the woods that I felt needed chilling.

Reactions: Dirk
I like water temps in the low 80s and can feel the difference between 82° and 85°. We ended up with a pretty heavy thunderstorm with large hail, so I turned the chiller off - no need. But now I’m dealing with cleaning up all of the leaves that the hail knocked down. 🥵 If it’s not one thing it’s another.

1686607455629.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Been sealing/staining the deck we had installed last year.

HIZnC5h.jpg

Replaced theScreenshot_20230615-110348.png
in our filter. A year ago or so the filter started making an awful noise, and when we opened it the white tube had somehow gotten squished flat. We did what we could to get it back to a nice round cylinder, but it's been a bit janky ever since. Got the old one out and popped this in. New filter cartridge, new diffuser. Pump is very happy!

Changed the surge protector on my ethernet connection to my Intellicenter. And cleaned several shingles and a bunch of leaves out, as we had a heckuva storm here last night.

Also reshingled part of the house, but that's a different thread. :laughblue:

Oh and jumped in to cool off after aforementioned shingling job.

All is good now.

--Jeff

Nice!

Looks like a great day to cook out on the grill.

Maybe some hot dogs and hamburgers for everyone.

🌭🌭🌭🌭🌭🌭🌭🌭
Smoker, 2 racks of beef ribs and spiral ham. Don't eat pig knees and frog lips, aka, hotdogs lol

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!

Attachments

• 20230618_192227.jpg
    20230618_192227.jpg
    688.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Looking at 2" of rain over the next few days. Nobody warns you that the most frustrating part of being a TFP owner is having to dump perfectly balanced water. I guess that's better than the alternative of being frustrated with green water, but still.
That usually happens to me right after I’ve had to add water due to drought. Add a couple inches to get the level back up, and we’re guaranteed to suddenly get 3 inches of rain so I have to drain.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support