What did you do to your pool today?

I can control the weather thanks to Mr Murphy and his 🤬 law.

If I drain, it will be a drought. If I top off the pool, we'll get a few inches of rain out of the blue.

#lifehack.
Oh, so that's what that was. I was able to stall off exchanging water due to CH accumulation for about five years. Here in CA we had a drought the entire time. So last October I had to exchange about 1/4, to get my CH back down, and BOOM! This last winter ended up being the wettest the State has seen in decades. Now I understand what happened!!

Ironically, not long before I did my exchange, I had advised someone else here to wait until Spring to do one they were considering, because maybe the winter rains would do some of it for them. I didn't think to follow my own advice, being in CA and all.

DNS Security: Threat Modeling DNSSEC, DoT, and DoH

Ironically, not long before I did my exchange, I had advised someone else here to wait until Spring to do one they were considering, because maybe the winter rains would do some of it for them. I didn't think to follow my own advice, being in CA and all.

DNS Security: Threat Modeling DNSSEC, DoT, and DoH
"I give myself very good advice..... but I very seldom follow it"

Combining the original topic and the current topic of taking ones advice.........

The box stores in town only have half strength MA so I went to the Sherman Williams paint store instead (as I often advise). They had full strength........ $25.99 tho.

I only needed a 1/4 gallon so I went to HD instead and will use a half gallon of the weak stuff.

Reactions: Mdragger88
I confess I have been so lazy with my pool because we haven't been able to use it.
Wednesday I finally backwashed the filter, brushed everything down and ran the robot. Yesterday was a rainy day so I didn't do anything and probably won't today either. Our weather has been kind of cold for June. The water struggles to get and stay above 74 or 75 consistently. I think we've been in it once so far and my son twice.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I confess I have been so lazy with my pool because we haven't been able to use it.
Wednesday I finally backwashed the filter, brushed everything down and ran the robot. Yesterday was a rainy day so I didn't do anything and probably won't today either. Our weather has been kind of cold for June. The water struggles to get and stay above 74 or 75 consistently. I think we've been in it once so far and my son twice.
Not quite as bad here, but close. Much cooler this year, especially at night, which kills all the heat my pool and solar heater absorbed the day before, so I'm not getting much in the way of residual heat from the previous day, which I need for max pool temps. So I'm with ya. I've got some major pool chores stacking up, but it's hard to get inspired to get them done when they will take longer than I'll be in the pool!

I realize this is what is known as a "first world problem," but if you can't gripe about such things on a pool forum, where can you?!? :rant:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Ahultin and Newdude
Today in pool land :

Finaly got my new VSP plumbed in, programmed and operational. Waiting on the automation board so I can setup external controls and the like.

Old pump, 45GPM/1.7KWh single speed
New Pump, 25GPM/320Wh @ 1800 RPM -> 60GPM/1.4KWh @ 3000 -> 75HPM/2KWh @ 3400 RPM

I rolled up the solar cover neatly on the roller and then stored the roller in the crawlspace under the house. It won't come back out until mid to late Septemeber.

Side Note: I was visiting my old neighbor two weeks ago. I peeked over the fence at my old pool. The new owner still have the safety cover on the pool. They went overseas for a month and were not back yet. If the equipment was not operating, I wonder what the water will look like when the cover is removed.

• Wow
Reactions: Mdragger88
I rolled up the solar cover neatly on the roller and then stored the roller in the crawlspace under the house. It won't come back out until mid to late Septemeber.

Side Note: I was visiting my old neighbor two weeks ago. I peeked over the fence at my old pool. The new owner still have the safety cover on the pool. They went overseas for a month and were not back yet. If the equipment was not operating, I wonder what the water will look like when the cover is removed.
It’s already so hot here - my car said 100 degrees today! I can only imagine what’s waiting for them upon their return 🤢

I went to Leslie's... :oops:

They had a sale on 31.45% MA, $8.92 a gallon sold in 2 packs ($17.84). I bought four 2-packs. Here the big box stores only sell 14.5% the best price I have found in my part of Las Vegas is at Lowe's for $14.98 for a 2 pack.

I normally use 64 oz of 14.5% MA every 3rd or 4th day. With evaporation and adding high TA (140) fill water, my pH rises to 7.9 pretty quick. So to find 31.45% at a reasonable price I jumped all over that sale. :party:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support