What did you do to your pool today?

You have no idea what you're missing. It's like the biggest best secret... chocolate and beer. Lol
Looks like I have something new to try!

I went the first 36 years of my life before I allowed myself to put peanut butter on a waffle. I kick myself every time I have a waffle now, that I missed out on that for so long.

--Jeff

I went the first 36 years of my life before I allowed myself to put peanut butter on a waffle. I kick myself every time I have a waffle now, that I missed out on that for so long.

--Jeff
I first tried it many years ago when I was eating Hershey kisses n cracked a beer. The chocolate and beer have this thing together n I liked it. I know it sounds weird but I loved it. I dont do it all the time but I was busy and had 2 chocolate chip cookies n a beer for dinner yesterday. :mrgreen:

I first tried it many years ago when I was eating Hershey kisses n cracked a beer. The chocolate and beer have this thing together n I liked it. I know it sounds weird but I loved it. I dont do it all the time but I was busy and had 2 chocolate chip cookies n a beer for dinner yesterday. :mrgreen:
have you tried the Yuengling Hershey's Porter? It's really good. It's not a summer time beer but definitely nice in the fall and winter.

• Wow
Reactions: Lineman7

--Jeff
You can justify the carbs because your getting protein from the peanut butter:)

Reactions: Turbo1Ton
You can justify the carbs because your getting protein from the peanut butter:)
Dang it! Now I want a peanut butter chaffle 🧇!
Tom Hanks Breakfast GIF

Got my solar cover hooked up today. I did a trial run on uncovering it and I should be able to do so early in the morning so that it isn't on the pool all day.

I've been landscaping today around the pool. Trying to find someone to come out and give me a quote on concrete.

Attachments

• 20220413_100809.jpg
    20220413_100809.jpg
    438.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220413_100813.jpg
    20220413_100813.jpg
    444.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220413_100821.jpg
    20220413_100821.jpg
    526.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220413_100832.jpg
    20220413_100832.jpg
    528.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220413_100845.jpg
    20220413_100845.jpg
    521.4 KB · Views: 5
so that it isn't on the pool all day
Every pool being different and all, mine made it about a week before the CCs built up. You'll know right away when you open it if it went 'too long' from the stank. The CCs and smell went away in 2 mins.

Every pool being different and all, mine made it about a week before the CCs built up. You'll know right away when you open it if it went 'too long' from the stank. The CCs and smell went away in 2 mins.
So, if I get my pool pretty clean with a couple of robot cycles, skimming and filtering, and it's properly chlorinated (3.5ppm with 50 CYA) and the CC's are relatively low (somewhere between 0 and .5), it sounds like I can keep the autocover closed for about a week at a time before needing to open?

it sounds like I can keep the autocover closed for about a week at a time before needing to open?
If you go 'too long', it will smell like all those non-tfp pools immediately upon opening. You'll know right away. And it will be gone real quick in the sun. Although I don't remember doing it at night, so I can't confirm either way.

It may change a little throughout the season, and like anything else, you'll get a feel for your pool. Some open theirs daily or twice a week no matter what. We are a bunch of 'enthusiasts' here, after all.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
have you tried the Yuengling Hershey's Porter?
I would love to but I can't get it anywhere near me. I guess I'm gonna have to travel to PA to get some this year. I am fortunately only an hour from Siloam Springs AR so as of a year or so ago, I can go get the Yuengling lager. So happy they finally started pushing the distribution further west. Was such a bummer when I first tried it in 2014 while working in WV/PA, and I couldn't get it when I got home. I always have the lager in my fridge now.

--Jeff

Reactions: V___25
Painted a pallet for pool rules. It'll also double as a pool noodle holder. Did more landscaping today. I have to spray my decking down. I'll do it later. I'm beat n headed to bed. Gotta work tomorrow. And my tulips I planted last October are coming up.

Attachments

• 20220414_171001.jpg
    20220414_171001.jpg
    454.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 20220414_190103.jpg
    20220414_190103.jpg
    392.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 20220414_193833.jpg
    20220414_193833.jpg
    516 KB · Views: 18
  • 20220414_193823.jpg
    20220414_193823.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 18
Got the cover off and a scooped out a bucket of worms. The water isn’t terrible, it’s just so dirty from the worms. The robot is in but his basket gets too heavy too quickly for him to climb the walls. I have to empty his basket after like 10-15 minutes.

• Wow
Reactions: Lineman7
Not just today, but over the past couple of days, I’ve removed the cover (red oak “worms” have finally fallen!), brushed thoroughly (stirring up all kinds of dust), emptied 3 bags of debris from the cleaner (mostly small seeds that drop through the cover), cleaned the filter, added CYA, and finally got around to ordering a whale tail brush to help brush the sides.

Pool is open!

Lowered the pH and added chlorine to the pool today. Put the cover on. I'll be kicking on the heater tomorrow to see how she runs and covering it at night. Its supposed to be nice this weekend so I want to see if I can get the temp up.

I did a little landscaping today. My new concrete is coming end of May, first of June. Told him I need it done before June 18th!

Working on a random project.. picked up this old panel PC for cheap. It's meant to go on the wall outside a conference room and tell you the room bookings, schedule, etc. But it's just a generic PoE+ powered Windows 7 Embedded PC, complete with built in RS-485 serial connections. If I can get the application to run the way I want it, I may just stick this thing on the wall and run the Aqualink Touch simulator software in lieu of my All-Button.

If I can't get the software to run totally fullscreen and stable, maybe I'll borrow from the various projects on here over the years and write my own basic application for pool control.

No, I cannot leave well enough alone.

Attachments

• al_touch_sim.png
    al_touch_sim.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 6

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support