We're doing this again! Orlando OB Take 2 -PLASTERED! 6/1

Agreed on the tile. When it iridesces, what colors pop out? We loved the Seacrest because it brought in in purples and silvers. But we just got told it's discontinued. So we might be joining you on Night Life, though we're looking at the lighter Ballad pattern.

Agreed on the tile. When it iridesces, what colors pop out? We loved the Seacrest because it brought in in purples and silvers. But we just got told it's discontinued. So we might be joining you on Night Life, though we're looking at the lighter Ballad pattern.
Definitely get silver and purple, also a bit of green, which wouldn't be something I would have wanted, but it's more like a fish scale green/silver and looks good. (3rd pic shows some of the iridescence, on the spillover, close to the bottom, you can see a little of the green-ish on one of the larger square pieces.

Based on water meter and my rough estimate of what we used over the 18-ish hours it was filling, I am coming up with about 15,800 gallons. Filled up right around noon today and I turned the pump on. Plaster company is coming tomorrow to do the initial chemicals, but I am going to at least add some acid to get the PH right this afternoon. Magic Bowls should get installed tomorrow or Saturday. Sod is being delivered tomorrow and I am going to be putting that down all weekend I suspect. In theory, no one is supposed to get in for 7 days, but... if I am about to have heat stroke on Saturday, I will have no choice!

We will now have a lot of clean up and organization to do for the big birthday party, but it feels so good to not be stressed about having water.

There is definitely still a lot of plaster dust in the water, so I think the color will change a bit, but here she is, all filled up...

20210603_140327.jpg

20210603_140458.jpg

20210603_140505.jpg

20210603_140532.jpg

It’s looking great! Very cool to see your build coming to a close and ready for use soon. Your design for the sheer and Magic Bowls along the back looks similar to how mine will be set up, but it looks like you have a wider bond beam between the bowls. Is your sheer descent 24”?

Definitely get silver and purple, also a bit of green, which wouldn't be something I would have wanted, but it's more like a fish scale green/silver and looks good. (3rd pic shows some of the iridescence, on the spillover, close to the bottom, you can see a little of the green-ish on one of the larger square pieces.

Based on water meter and my rough estimate of what we used over the 18-ish hours it was filling, I am coming up with about 15,800 gallons. Filled up right around noon today and I turned the pump on. Plaster company is coming tomorrow to do the initial chemicals, but I am going to at least add some acid to get the PH right this afternoon. Magic Bowls should get installed tomorrow or Saturday. Sod is being delivered tomorrow and I am going to be putting that down all weekend I suspect. In theory, no one is supposed to get in for 7 days, but... if I am about to have heat stroke on Saturday, I will have no choice!

We will now have a lot of clean up and organization to do for the big birthday party, but it feels so good to not be stressed about having water.

There is definitely still a lot of plaster dust in the water, so I think the color will change a bit, but here she is, all filled up...

View attachment 340898

View attachment 340899

View attachment 340900

View attachment 340901
can you provide what your pricing was like for this going with owner build? can you break out pricing? Equipment, excavation, shell, deck, interior, cage? I am looking to do something very similar.

Gosh I missed your fill! Looks awesome! So you made your daughter's birthday deadline? We are bummed missing father's day and probably 4th of July.

Well it's been a stressful couple of weeks waiting on the gunite crew. When I communicated with them right up until I needed them, they were saying that they were 5 days out. So, here we are 2 weeks after steel inspection and the gunite crews are here!

I am hoping things go a bit smoother from here on out, I have pre-grade scheduled for Wednesday, plumber starting next week, tile hopefully the following week. At this point, there's very little point in keeping a timeline, just trying to manage the subs as best as I can with very little commitment from the people in front of them. Fortunately, my plumber/tile guy has been great so far, here's hoping that stays the same once he's at the plate.
Can you send me the contact for your plumber/tile guy?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.