Midwest
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
We have had a lot of rain over the last few days. My ABG pool was overflowing, and my skimmer was not working well as the water level was above the top of the skimmer. So I drained a few inches of water. Now my pump is emptying the skimmer!! Is this because my water is too low? It doesn’t look that low to me. This is a new skimmer, just installed a few days ago, was working great before the rain and drain. It does look a bit unlovely to me, but I’m not really sure how I can fix that. Any suggestions? Guess I’ll turn the hose back on?

Attachments

• 374AC8A2-C8CA-4C5F-973B-13625E5680F6.jpeg
    374AC8A2-C8CA-4C5F-973B-13625E5680F6.jpeg
    185.9 KB · Views: 20
  • B655CCA7-BDC0-4D35-97EF-0C52BECD48CB.jpeg
    B655CCA7-BDC0-4D35-97EF-0C52BECD48CB.jpeg
    408.8 KB · Views: 20
Water should be able to run up and over that skimmer weir (flap) door. You might try increasing the water level first. Get the waterline about halfway up the skimmer opening. Let us know if tha does the trick.
Thank you! Hose is on the pool now,.. my husband thinks I’m crazy ?

• Haha
Reactions: Texas Splash
full

Reactions: JeaniB
I think my husband thinks I’m crazy because he watched me hook up the hose to drain water from the pool,..and thirty minutes later I’m putting water back into the pool.?
Note to self, water drains out much faster than I thought, and don’t let the water level fall past the middle screws on the skimmer!

Reactions: kimkats
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.