Weak jets during ahhsome treatment

Pat_the_gates

May 6, 2022
Mentor, OH
I have a masterspa’s h2x challenger 15d. During my Ahhsome treatment today my one pump got significantly weak. I think it’s because a bunch of leaves got in while it was circulating the pumps without a filter. I was trying to catch them as I saw them but I think the spa got overwhelmed. I didn’t have a lot of biofilm but did see a lot of shredded leaf debris.
Can the plumbing near the pump be opened to check for blockages? Do I have to do this with the spa completely empty? I’m waiting on a call from the dealer I bought it from. Just wondering if anyone has any insight.

@RDspaguy should have insight.

I think you are going to have to drain the spa or get very wet to open up the plumbing.

I recommend that you run the tub for a little bit, say 10 more minutes. Leaves, especially wet ones, shouldn't pose a clogging risk unless the tub was inundated with them prior to purging. You may also have some released gunk in the plumbing line. Run the filled tub a while. That should work loose.

I have a masterspa’s h2x challenger 15d. During my Ahhsome treatment today my one pump got significantly weak. I think it’s because a bunch of leaves got in while it was circulating the pumps without a filter. I was trying to catch them as I saw them but I think the spa got overwhelmed. I didn’t have a lot of biofilm but did see a lot of shredded leaf debris.
Can the plumbing near the pump be opened to check for blockages? Do I have to do this with the spa completely empty? I’m waiting on a call from the dealer I bought it from. Just wondering if anyone has any insight.
During start up for a spa on a building site we usually have to open the jets up. To do this inside the venturi jets is a screwed in nozzle it is approximately 3 inches back inside the jet. We undo the nozzle, run the pump and clear out small debris that block the nozzle. After doing this the nozzles are replaced and the jets run normally. I think before assuming I am correct, go to a store selling the types of jets installed in your spa and have a look at them to see if it can be done. Different countries may use different systems.

Just an update. I’m currently heating up the water. I got to 83 degrees and started treating the water. Ran some muriatic acid with all jets on high. Water features are still weak. I haven’t jumped in yet to make sure all jets are running but they appear to be fine. I took the water feature jets out and cleared them of debris and sucked them out but they’re still weak. I’m still seeing leaf debris occasionally coming out of the large swim side jets. So I’m hopeful it will clear up with time. Occasionally when I first start it up I see the water features sputter a bit and then run constant. In the mean time I have the place I bought it from coming on Friday. I’m disappointed because I’m so diligent in keeping up my spa and then I go the extra mile to clean out the pipes and this happens. I guess the good news is the heaters working and all the pumps are working so hopefully I didn’t do any damage.

I'd need pics of the equipment to advise you on this, as I don't know if your tub has shut-off valves on the pumps. If not, it's get wet or drain it.
Leaf debris can and will block an impeller, manifold, or jetback. I would start by backflushing it myself. Open the suction side of the pump and dump about 50 gallons.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.