Exactly my thoughts. We are holding off until it is dry enough and will remain dry for a few days after. They agreed that was a good plan.This is one I don't know the answer to I am sorry to say I will learn with you. It will not hurt anything to hold off so there is that.
Yeah, we are waiting. They didn't put up a fuss about it at all and I feel much better making sure we get it done right. I don't know if they would have waited without me telling them to, but I suspect they would have based on their attention to detail thus far. Maybe if it was the middle of summer, we could do it 12 hours before it rains, but definitely not this time of year. I think you're right, Kim. I'm happy with their work and their willingness to work with me on things, so I'll probably have them do the tile.The sand will erode if it rains soon after. When it's applied it's only supposed to get a light misting until it sets up.
I had a job I had to completely redo because an unexpected storm came through and made a mess of the sand. The material was an irregular stone with much wider joints than yours but why take the risk?
Yeah, we are using muted colors for most of the build and really wanted something to grab your attention. It may be a bit much for some, but we are happy with it.That blue tile POPS!!!!
It doesn't really make much difference one way or the other. The joints have to be left wider though when doing a pebble finish.