waycoolpool.com Nova pool light use?

dakshun

Aug 31, 2018
Universal City, Texas
Has anyone used this?

The Nova: Swimming pool LED retrofit system

Background:
I have gone through a few over the years(they only seem to last 3 years).​

J&J colorsplash R40 screws-in to existing 120v service. So worried about rerunning 12v through the conduit and if the nova is just going to tucker out in 3 years too.​

yeah, for sure.
I am just not sure, If I am going to be froggy enough to try to pull the 12v line through the 20year old conduit to remove the 120v line(real concerned something is going to go wrong/jammed in the conduit)(I have heard of guys feeding dishsoap down the conduit to smooth things out).
The ambiance the RGBs bring to the table are just amazing, I'm hooked, but tired of replacing the R40s every 3 years.

I just couldn’t get the existing wire to even move an inch. I bought wire pull lube and everything
Mind if I quiz me(you) out a bit?

Did you break the putty/seal at the back of the niche?
putty/seal
1- supposedy there is putty at the surface/entrance
2- then you have to pull further into the pool/niche and there is supposed to be a rubber stopper that will come off
Then pull from the other side through and out

Did you try dousing/filling/soaking water from the outside conduit entry?(just a brain storm; to break/ease the sticking)
Did you try pressurizing water from the outside conduit entry?(just a brain storm; to break sticking)
Did you try pressurizing air from the outside conduit entry?(just a brain storm)
(It might be borderline cement/sediment in the middle or something keeping things stuck)
(I have heard of electricians getting like 3 guys to pull/capstan winch)
(I do have a 1600# gas capstan winch, but rigging will be odd if needed)(not looking to break the wire)
(I've got some precedence from some boat mechanics about pressurizing lines to feed/clear control cable lube that might work against freeing things in conduit)(They will literally leave the lines low pressurized for a day or more to push out old lube and push in new)
(also curious if it is even worth trying to have a 50-75' fish tape on hand)

Last edited:

Are you challenging whether the unit is UL listed? or are you saying anything?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.