WaterGuru - A Test

I just got the pool back open Friday and got it working again late Saturday. So far the tests have been within 1 - 1.5 PPM for FC and pH has been on the phenol test, but it's only been a couple of days. Give me another week of testing manually vs the device and I can give a better report.

Now that I'm back open and CYA is back in I really should send water off to the lab for another test. Maybe I'll order that... get my CYA number really dialed in.

@IceShadow Thanks for all the valuable insight! I just ordered one.

Question - my cover is actually a square cut piece of lueders limestone - is there a world where I can remove the circle top and somehow attach what's left to the underside of my skimmer cover? I'm not sure the square adapter they sell will be much help to me.

@IceShadow Thanks for all the valuable insight! I just ordered one.

Question - my cover is actually a square cut piece of lueders limestone - is there a world where I can remove the circle top and somehow attach what's left to the underside of my skimmer cover? I'm not sure the square adapter they sell will be much help to me.
The circle top is built in. You'd need to do some sort of adapter. How would you replace your cover if it ever cracked?

My son works at a 3d printing company :) He said they can make about anything but its' not cheap..
I went to work with him Sunday to start and stop a job, somebody ordered a full set of keyboard keys :)
I just bought a new skimmer cover online (replacement) and then had the CNC guy at work cut a circle for it. :)

Reactions: markayash
Weekly manual vs WaterGuru check:

31D6C94A-6E62-4F39-9E7C-BA68EB157303.png
6F9A9050-3785-4361-9EBE-9686EC6F9E34.png
Pretty good. I’m getting my sample from a good 3’ below the surface and the Guru tests water going through the skimmer, so some differences from that are likely expected.

The circle top is built in. You'd need to do some sort of adapter. How would you replace your cover if it ever cracked?
yeah, it's not the best design, but it's just a square piece of stone and no cracks 6 years in. I can't imagine it would be hard to replace. Looking at it again there's a standard circular hole w/in the skimmer so hopefully this can slide in flush.

yeah, it's not the best design, but it's just a square piece of stone and no cracks 6 years in. I can't imagine it would be hard to replace. Looking at it again there's a standard circular hole w/in the skimmer so hopefully this can slide in flush.
How do you open it? Can you send photos? What size is it? :)

Today’s check. WG is about 1ppm low from my Taylor. I am using expired tests in the Taylor kit but so far I’m getting good results and they’re expired in the past few months so I don’t think that’s affecting it.

602779E7-8261-4DD6-91D8-A375E25AE4EF.png
3892E3CA-BC40-4165-A38F-F4560ED16861.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Today’s check. WG is about 1ppm low from my Taylor. I am using expired tests in the Taylor kit but so far I’m getting good results and they’re expired in the past few months so I don’t think that’s affecting it.

View attachment 137950
View attachment 137951
Thanks for all the info on this thread. I am considering purchasing the waterguru. I was looking at the Sutro, but can't bring myself to justify the high price. Can you tell me if this will fit in a 21 foot round above ground skimmer, or is it strictly for inground pools?
Also, is there an expiration date on the cassettes?
Thanks again for the info.

Thanks for all the info on this thread. I am considering purchasing the waterguru. I was looking at the Sutro, but can't bring myself to justify the high price. Can you tell me if this will fit in a 21 foot round above ground skimmer, or is it strictly for inground pools?
Also, is there an expiration date on the cassettes?
Thanks again for the info.
I don't believe the cassettes expire, but once they're in the pool they're only meant to be used for the next 60 days.

You can check with WaterGuru but if it fits over your skimmer it should work, I would think!

Thanks. I asked waterguru and they said as long as my skimmer is 8" it will work. Unfortunately mine measures about 7.25" so I guess I'm outta luck. Unless someone who has one can confirm that a homemade adapter of some sort can be made to work? I know that fabricating one to fit a bigger hole would be easier than trying to fit the device into a smaller hole, but I'm sure it can be done. I don't know why they wouldn't make the waterguru to fit standard size above ground skimmers, but there must be a reason?! It would surely expand their market if they did. As of now it looks like I may have to shell out the money for the sutro if I wanted to go down this road. Unlikely at the present time for me though.

Is it possible for someone that has the waterguru to take a precise measurement for me to the points in the attached pic? I am trying to determine if this will fit down into a 7" round skimmer hole. Thanks.
About 8-1/4”. You’d need to figure out some sort of domed adapter I’d think.
018D65B8-8E8F-4E3A-B501-6BA1277F8D71.jpeg

Attachments

• 9D5F9010-3C04-45CC-863B-BE04CC385F34.jpeg
    9D5F9010-3C04-45CC-863B-BE04CC385F34.jpeg
    797.3 KB · Views: 2
Wonder if I can make this work? I know the Guru insert measured about 8-1/4", but maybe I can slit it and make it fit. The other end should fit into my existing skimmer. It's an above ground so if it sticks up it wouldn't matter. As long as the tether on the guru is long enough to reach down into the skimmer basket. Thoughts?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200513-084228_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200513-084228_Chrome.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 8
Honestly if there’s no danger anyone will step on it like an inground pool, you could probably just let it set over it. The part will dangle down into it and it should be fine.

Reactions: Austin Maggie

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.