WaterGuru - A Test

Changing the time seems to have reminded the device to run automatically. But I don’t know if the graph from today is the automated test it ran today or the manual one I ran yesterday.

Okay - the graph seems to be stabilized after a couple of days. It's showing 0 FC, pH, and temp until the test is run for that day, and then it updates to the actual value. So I can go back to testing vs. the drops tonight. It's been busy as I had a party to host on Saturday and a board game afternoon Sunday, and yesterday was a lazy day. So I can go back to checking the accuracy tonight, hopefully.

I had a CNC router at work cut a hole in an extra skimmer cover plate that I bought. I'll see how well it sits tonight when I get home from work.

A40BBF33-C5DF-4C52-9FAE-04891FFB8B31.jpeg73913BEE-0CA1-418E-B62F-5BACBB4D8675.jpeg7057CF74-9295-4D8D-9FDB-C3B3979C5A06.jpeg

Nice, can you run off a few for your TFP friends?
If I didn’t have access to a CNC router, I probably could have done about the same thing with a drawn circle and a jig saw. It doesn’t have to be a perfect circle as you have 7/8” or so between the edge of the device and the circle that goes down into the skimmer.

(Also the skimmer lids still cost like $15 each and I dunno how much leeway the CNC guy at work will give me. >.>)

I got a call from them as they wanted more feedback - they’re going to get me into a beta for a new version of the app that should give better numerical readings.

Also (@JoyfulNoise) they said they wanted to have me help beta test the dispenser unit. I’m assuming that will have an NDA though.

Reactions: JoeSelf
I got a call from them as they wanted more feedback - they’re going to get me into a beta for a new version of the app that should give better numerical readings.

Also (@JoyfulNoise) they said they wanted to have me help beta test the dispenser unit. I’m assuming that will have an NDA though.

Sounds like fun. Given your low CH water and your abundant rainfall and snow melt, it should be interesting to see how well it works at maintaining your FC. Don’t fuss about the cal-hypo, your the perfect candidate pool for that form of chlorine. Pools like mine with high CH fill water are not so easy. But someday they may figure out SWG control which will work well in high CH environments.

IceShadow - How is the Water Guru comparison to your test kit going? The device was looking promising, hopefully the app updates made it even better.

Ok, they got back to me. Had some sort of electrical issue but they were able to reset it a few days ago and now I’m getting results again.

It’s been accurate enough at FC and pH that I’ve stopped manually testing for now. I’ll check it manually when it’s time to lower the pH. Other than that the season is pretty much closing soon here, so I’ll see next year how it goes. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey Neighbor! Just a little south of you and work in MKE. Sounds like it may be stable enough for me to give it a try. Like you said our season is almost over, may just wait until next year in case they make any improvements.

Thanks for all the feedback, been eying this one for a while now.

There's been some issues especially with the app and UI, but so far they've been very responsive and helpful when I've needed it.

One thing I will say is that the mesh bag put over the device is very good at accumulating insects. I have to knock a bunch of beetles and spiders off every time I clean the skimmer.

Finished my first 2 months with Waterguru. The results are accurate enough that I have stopped testing FC and pH. I'm now only testing when I check everything (major rain, hurricane, etc). I do not check everything very often - maybe every 2 months. The FC range recommended by Waterguru is 3% - 8% of my CYA. When you send water to their lab for testing, you will get CYA reported to then nearest whole number, not the nearest 10. My CYA was reported at 61. The product works well and I have been able to cut back on my chlorine use with Waterguru's recommendations. I'm not routinely checking cc's. My pool holds chlorine like it should and I have never had any algae or cloudiness.

Waterguru ranges
FC 3-8% of CYA
CC 0-0.2
pH 7.4-7.8
TA 70-140
CH 200-400
CYA 30-100
Phosphates 0-500
Salt 0-3500
Copper 0-0.2
Iron 0-0.2

Last edited:
They finally got back to me. I had a simple question that took two weeks to get back to me. My question was when was the Android app was going to be released. Well... They released it! I hope their customer service improves because the wait for them to get back to me was rediculous.

Anyway...Android app is now available.

I never had problems with them but have not called them in the "off season".

I'm using the Waterguru to give me readings after the pool has been covered with a mesh cover. Continuing to chlorinate since water temps are still 65 degrees. Adding 0.15ppm of chlorine per day with peristaltic pump.

I never had problems with them but have not called them in the "off season".

Customer service should never have a "off season" in my opinion. I do know they never answer their phones... Just get voicemail. I did have faster reply through their facebook page where there is a messenger button.

I have been happy with the product so far. Only readings missed were because I let the Skimmer get too full.

Like I said, I am only two weeks in but attached are some screenshots from my data. Yes, I know I have a PH problem.

How is everyone else doing with their WaterGuru that has had it longer than me? Still working? Still like it?

Attachments

• 2019-10-30 12.04.17.jpg
    2019-10-30 12.04.17.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 97
  • 2019-10-30 12.02.57.jpg
    2019-10-30 12.02.57.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.