Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello everyone,
When I built the pool, I had the pool builder plumb and extra PVC pipe for a water feature; it has it's own shutoff near the pump. I have attached a couple pictures of it.
I'd like to add a waterfall, something like this in the link ( Buy Outdoor Fountains Online at Overstock | Our Best Outdoor Decor Deals ) or ( Rectangular Waterfall Pool Fountain Stainless Steel 11.8" | vidaXL.com ).

The PVC width is the same as the returns, I'd go outside and measure it, but it's like 15 degrees out there. (Ohio weather).

How hard would it be to install a waterfall like in the link? Is it worth it?
I have to do something with this pipe, it's just sticking out of the ground.

TIA

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-01-16 at 9.03.40 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-01-16 at 9.03.40 AM.jpeg
    331.1 KB · Views: 22
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-01-16 at 9.03.40 AM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-01-16 at 9.03.40 AM (1).jpeg
    205.9 KB · Views: 20
D,

Everyone is different of course, but I find my waterfall wall almost useless. I thought I'd love it, but I don't, as it does not really fit my pool use and lifestyle.

You have to ask yourself what are you going to use it for? Why do you want one?

One problem I see is that there is very little difference between a great looking waterfall and a piece of junk or pile of rocks... A lot has to do with the background. What you install must look like it belongs there.

I am sure that many of our members love their waterfalls, I am just not one of them. Hopefully, they will chime in soon.

Thanks,

Jim R.

D,

Everyone is different of course, but I find my waterfall wall almost useless. I thought I'd love it, but I don't, as it does not really fit my pool use and lifestyle.

You have to ask yourself what are you going to use it for? Why do you want one?

One problem I see is that there is very little difference between a great looking waterfall and a piece of junk or pile of rocks... A lot has to do with the background. What you install must look like it belongs there.

I am sure that many of our members love their waterfalls, I am just not one of them. Hopefully, they will chime in soon.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Hi Jim,
What is it that you don't about it? Why doesn't it fit for your lifestyle?

I'd like it for the sounds, the looks, and sitting under it as it pours out hot water.

Do you have pictures of yours?

D,

I find the noise more bothersome than soothing. The pool is for my wife and me, no young ones. We like to swim and then relax on floats. The waterfall obviously dumps into the pool and the pool circulation pushes the floats under the waterfall.

I am not saying all waterfalls are bad, just that I don't enjoy mine. My advice is simply to make sure you know what you are getting and that you will use it before spending the money.

I don't have a pic of just the waterfall, but here is one that shows it.. The wall has three what they call "Rock-Ports"..

IMG_4187-1.JPG

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: KJB1
D,

I find the noise more bothersome than soothing. The pool is for my wife and me, no young ones. We like to swim and then relax on floats. The waterfall obviously dumps into the pool and the pool circulation pushes the floats under the waterfall.

I am not saying all waterfalls are bad, just that I don't enjoy mine. My advice is simply to make sure you know what you are getting and that you will use it before spending the money.

I don't have a pic of just the waterfall, but here is one that shows it.. The wall has three what they call "Rock-Ports"..

View attachment 387892

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks Jim,

That really helps.

I'm thinking of something simple like the ones in the links I sent. If I don't like it, I guess I can always get rid of it.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Hi! I get what you are looking for. Do you have a bench you can sit on in the area of the pipe? How will you get "hot" water to come out of THAT pipe?

You say the wall (waterfall) will not be built in. It HAS to be attached to that part of the deck for safety reasons. To top it off that part of the deck has to be engineered to support the structure. Just some things to think about.

Hi! I get what you are looking for. Do you have a bench you can sit on in the area of the pipe? How will you get "hot" water to come out of THAT pipe?

You say the wall (waterfall) will not be built in. It HAS to be attached to that part of the deck for safety reasons. To top it off that part of the deck has to be engineered to support the structure. Just some things to think about.
Hi

So that pipe is the same line as the returns, so when the heater is on, hot water will come out.
I'm thinking of a waterfall like the one attached in the pic. It is bolted down to the concrete.

Attachments

• vidaXL-Pool-Fountain-Stainless-Steel-35.4_-Waterfall-Feature-Garden-Decor.jpg
    vidaXL-Pool-Fountain-Stainless-Steel-35.4_-Waterfall-Feature-Garden-Decor.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 16

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.