Savannah, GA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 700
Hello I have a Jandy AquaPure with IAquaLink. Three days ago I started getting an error message reading on my interface app showing water temp SHORT and my salt water generator stopped producing chlorine. I have chlorine production set to 75% in the app but it reads 00% on the panel. By all indications the salt cell is on and it has FLOW, it’s just not producing chlorine. I am not getting any service codes on the panel. We ordered a new water temp sensor for the heat pump and replaced it yesterday but that did not fix our issue. It still reading SHORT.

These are the things we have tried:
Replacing water temp sensor on the heat pump.
Cleaned the salt cell and the salt cell air/water/flow sensor.
Reset the web interface.
Switched the air and water wires (still read short)
Reset the system by turning off main power and cycling it back on.

Next step, I’m thinking, is to replace the air/temp/flow sensor on the AquaPure.

Is there anything I’m missing? I really don’t want to have to replace the circuit board.
192543F2-0837-400E-97F5-E0762E732900.jpeg

Attachments

• 716CF51F-F45D-466D-8140-45BED551C4A8.jpeg
    716CF51F-F45D-466D-8140-45BED551C4A8.jpeg
    318.6 KB · Views: 5

Remove the temp sensor buss from the board and see if problem persists. Remove the entire buss, not just remove the wires from it.
Also, have you tried clearing the memory?

Reset is done through the software (panel in house). MENU/HELP / SYSTEM SETUP / CLEAR MEMORY. Then follow on screen directions. Note: Make note of your settings, labels, programs, etc. Clearing memory resets your unit to the same state as when it came out of the box.

Remove the temp sensor buss from the board and see if problem persists. Remove the entire buss, not just remove the wires from it.
Also, have you tried clearing the memory?

Reset is done through the software (panel in house). MENU/HELP / SYSTEM SETUP / CLEAR MEMORY. Then follow on screen directions. Note: Make note of your settings, labels, programs, etc. Clearing memory resets your unit to the same state as when it came out of the box.
Yes, I forgot to mention that I did clear the memory and when it came back up it’s hill showed SHORT for water temp. We will try removing the buss. Thank you.

Our issue has been resolved thanks to a gentleman on a FB group I am in. Here is the information:

“ If the main screen display on the app shows “short” on the water temperature- the temp probe that is in the water return line is what needs replaced. Should be a simple temp probe with a stainless steel screw clamp on it. It is a 2 wire sensor that goes into the far right top green plug in the RS board. The aqualink RS system uses that temperature probe for water temp - not the one in the heat pump or the sensor in the salt cell.”

OK, You said...

Switched the air and water wires (still read short)

which should have moved the problem if the water temp probe was the problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.