Water leaking into new gunite

3asyB

Silver Supporter
Jan 7, 2019
CSTX
I have had water trickling into the side of the pool since they dug the hole. They applied gunite yesterday an there is now a pipe coming through the wall and water is coming out of it. Is this common?

Working on adding a pic, it’s telling me the file is too large.

The pipe keeps water from building up behind the shell and floating it out of the ground. They will seal it just before plaster.

Can you define where CSTX is? Add that to your profile. Thanks.

It stays in the surrounding earth and drains off. The water in the pool counteracts the buoyancy and keeps the shell in the ground. It would be wise for you to do your best to never need to drain your pool.

One more quick rookie Q.

When I’m watering the gunite I noticed the water hose leaves grooves where it slides on the beam to wall corners?

I’m surprised it’s this soft. Does that sound right?

Also anyone use a sprinkler and just let it run for 1/2 hour?

Where the hose slides around on the sharp corner of the raised beam as I’m walking around to water the pool it rubs gunite off.

I can tell where the hose was laying when I get done because there is an indentation there.

I’ve not been around this type of material. Much rougher and more porous than concrete.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Can you poke a hole in the gunnite? Does it have a plastic consistency? It should have cured solid within a few hours.

Definitely not plasticky, it seems course and sandy. more like mortar than concrete. And mainly on the raised beam not so much the floor.

I got a piece of Styrofoam and put it over the corner of the raise beam under the hose, that is keeping the hose from making direct contact with the corner. Probably not an issue I’ll contact the PB and make sure it’s normal.

I’m sure I’m just being overly precautious.

Ya sounds like they built up the beam with rebound. It’s a way to save money that should not be done. My builder was on the crew regarding rebound. He was constantly making sure it was thrown out vs built up. If he thought a spotcthat was shot was not under enough pressure he would start scraping it off and have them reshoot. I literally had sidewalks of rebound around my pool after they shot. I know I deff had no rebound inside my pool. Rebound sounds hallow when I knock on it. Easy to tell the difference.

Do NOT allow any more work to be done until we can get to the bottom of what is going on. It may take some back and forth so we get all of the answers we need to get to the bottom of what happened and what needs to be done. Make sure to take notes of what all is being done and said as well as pictures.......lots and lots of pictures with date stamps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.