Water just added, water temp above 60, now what?

cteal

Bronze Supporter
Jun 25, 2017
Birmingham, AL
Hello out there!

We are about finished adding the water and I wanted to be prepared. I fill be doing the TFP method. I know I need to add the CYA, per the sock method. I had previously been instructed to add bleach after that and then when water hit 60 degrees add the salt. Well that was when it was colder out. The water is around 66 degrees. Should I skip the bleach and go straight to the salt?

We are about finished adding the water and I wanted to be prepared. I fill be doing the TFP method. I know I need to add the CYA, per the sock method. I had previously been instructed to add bleach after that and then when water hit 60 degrees add the salt. Well that was when it was colder out. The water is around 66 degrees. Should I skip the bleach and go straight to the salt?

C,

Salt cells are designed to "maintain" your chlorine level... The reason you add bleach is just to quickly bring up the FC level where you want to be. You can skip the bleach, it will just take the SWCG longer to get the amount of FC you need in your pool...

Make sure you let the salt dissolved for about 24 hours before you turn on your salt cell..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Get the chemistry all dialed in using bleach for chlorine. Once you have all the parameters in a good space and the salt is dissolved, turn the SWG on. It'll take a little trial-and-error to find the right pump time and SWG percentage to maintain the FC; you don't need to complicate things by juggling everything at once.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.