Water feels sticky?

That is why they invented saltwater pools
Jim, I gotta say.

I mean. +1, (of course :ROFLMAO:) , but for the week or so my pool was a LC pool at startup, I couldn't tell the difference. It was as comfortable as could be.

I know immediately if I hop in someone else's LC pool, but not in a TFPool.

That said @Ahshort, salt is $8 per 40 lb bag. It's real cheap to try.

Yes I use pool math
Ph 7.6
FC 5
CC 0
Cya 50
TA 110 -k I guess that’s kinda high?
What is CSI? Is that relative in a fiberglass pool? I have Taylor 2006 kit there’s no test for it.

Yes I use pool math
Ph 7.6
FC 5
CC 0
Cya 50
TA 110 -k I guess that’s kinda high?
What is CSI? Is that relative in a fiberglass pool? I have Taylor 2006 kit there’s no test for it.
Thank you for this. You can turn on CSI in pool math (home page, gear in upper right, scroll to bottom, enable CSI). You can also share your pool math logs on the same page if you enable sharing with TFP.

Given your results, your best bet is Salt or Borates. Salt being the easiest and cheapest.

Reactions: Mdragger88
For good measure, throw some tennis balls in the skimmer(s). I have 2 in each. They work wonders sucking up any oils or whatnot floating on the surface.

Will tennis balls hurt the flow?
And do you need to clean or replace them often?
Nope, no issue, they just bob on top of the water.

Depends. In my pool, no, not alot of people and sunscreen. Some pools with lots of swimmers, oils and sunscreens, maybe a few times a season. You can throw them in the wash machine...

Last edited:
Reactions: Newdude and BDY
Thank you. I’ve order some boric acid so will see where it goes. Also I’d like to say, Jim, being snarky about my not having a saltwater pool is not helpful. I have what I have and I’m trying to make it the best it can be. Please be helpful or stand down.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Also I’d like to say, Jim, being snarky about my not having a saltwater pool is not helpful.
It *was* because you can have the 'salt' pool with or without the expensive salt water chlorine generator. Notice he didn't tell you to get a SWG, just the salt water. :)

Also I’d like to say, Jim, being snarky about my not having a saltwater pool is not helpful. I have what I have and I’m trying to make it the best it can be. Please be helpful or stand down.
A,

Sorry if you thought my post was "snarky"...

Adding salt to a pool is the main way to make a standard chlorine pool feel silky.

That is what you asked, and that is why I posted what I did.

I think most TFP members find my posts pretty helpful, so I won't be standing down anytime soon.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.