Water color from jets is cloudy white, pool is cloudy, cannot see the deep end.

i can see the shallow end of the pool but not deep end. I will not add clarifier but puzzled on how to improve clarity.
Based on above, do I need to partially drain to reduce CYA?
Excellent tests results! On the CYA reading we round up to the next 10, so we are going to call it 90. As Marty said, we need to know what kind of pool you have. Do you have a inground, above ground, vinyl, plaster, or fiberglass pool? The type of pool has a bearing on the method of water exchange..

You will improve your clarity by your filter's regular filtration. Clarifiers will cause the suspended material to coagulate and drop out, but it creates a gummy mess in your filter, especially a sand filter. Its just a shortcut at a cost. .. You are going to want to get your CYA down to 30ish with a drain and refill/exchange then we are going to SLAM Process to kill the organics. While the pool is drain and refilling you probably should deep clean your sand filter if you have never done it. Here is some reference material from the TFP Wiki:

Excellent tests results! On the CYA reading we round up to the next 10, so we are going to call it 90. As Marty said, we need to know what kind of pool you have. Do you have a inground, above ground, vinyl, plaster, or fiberglass pool? The type of pool has a bearing on the method of water exchange..

You will improve your clarity by your filter's regular filtration. Clarifiers will cause the suspended material to coagulate and drop out, but it creates a gummy mess in your filter, especially a sand filter. Its just a shortcut at a cost. .. You are going to want to get your CYA down to 30ish with a drain and refill/exchange then we are going to SLAM Process to kill the organics. While the pool is drain and refilling you probably should deep clean your sand filter if you have never done it. Here is some reference material from the TFP Wiki:
Updated signature, Inground, Concrete pool, started draining. Will draining impact the chemicals in a major way?

Updated signature, Inground, Concrete pool, started draining. Will draining impact the chemicals in a major way?
well... yeah! that is the point of draining. if you drain 2/3 of your water to get your CYA to go from 90 to 30.. all of the chem levels will be decrease by the same amount. The new water you put in will not have CL so you will need to add chlorine as its filling. Its like a water reset. In fact I would run a test on your fill water to see what your base water levels are. If you have high CH then that is often reflected in hard fill water you get for example.

well... yeah! that is the point of draining. if you drain 2/3 of your water to get your CYA to go from 90 to 30.. all of the chem levels will be decrease by the same amount. The new water you put in will not have CL so you will need to add chlorine as its filling. Its like a water reset. In fact I would run a test on your fill water to see what your base water levels are. If you have high CH then that is often reflected in hard fill water you get for example.
Thanks, I can drain only to skimmer levels which is a little around 1/4th, the pump filter basket runs 1/2 empty and I am concerned how the equipment might damaged and other 2nd order consequences, I have the filter setting at "Rinse" / Maximum Head Loss. I guess if I refill now and add CL and manage the chem levels, I can still swim but I will have to compromise a bit of water clarity? Kindly correct (anyone) if I am missing something.

You need a sump pump to properly drain your pool. Draining 4 inches at a time will take many many multiples of the amount of water you need to drain.

You need to follow the SLAM Process. A lower CYA makes the success of that much easier.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.