Richmond, Maine
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Hayward Sand Filter and pump, fresh sand, fresh fill.
Year two with my Intex and hayward set up. Just had the pool filled by delivery truck today.
Question: My pressure gauge indicates I need a backwash but when I do, the water in the sight glass is no where near as dirty as I would expect it to be, honestly it’s quite clean. After backwash and rinse is complete, the pressure creeps up again by 2-3 psi with low flow into the pool within 2 hours. I don’t recall having to do this so often last year and I’m afraid it’s an indication of an issue, any advise?

Assuming that your sand filter was put back together, and working correctly...those symptoms are indicative of algae...even if you can't see it.

How are you testing your water? Own test kit? If so, do this test tonight-->Overnight Chlorine Loss Test

If you fail, time to SLAM. Link-->SLAM Process
Wow, this is a fresh fill this morning and I believe the filter was assembled correctly. All instructions were followed to a “T”. Granted it is from a lake/pond but already an algae issue?
Yes I’m testing my water and adding chemicals in the correct order. As you know, I can’t add them all at once. I have only worked my TA so far, we are only 10 hours into the fresh fill. I’m away from the house right but will work on it more when I get home this evening.
My biggest concern is leaving the pump running while I’m asleep or at work tomorrow and causing damage.

Reactions: CelesteLincoln
Looks like you were correct and I do have an algae problem! I lost 1.5 ppm of chlorine over night. I honestly didn’t think a new fill would give me such issues! Might be a long fight since I can only work the issue while home but I’ll get there! Fingers crossed this is the only issue! Thank you for assistance!

Reactions: PoolStored
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.