Water Balance Question

Cgmiller913

Apr 29, 2020
Howell, NJ
Hello all,

New to pool ownership. I'm having some trouble with balancing my chemicals. I have a 27000 gal SWG inground vinyl pool. AK was a bit high so yesterday I added 10 lbs of Dry Acid.

FC - 6.8
CC- 0.2
PH - Test strip shows 6.8, Taylor test is 7.0
Alkalinity - 110
CYA - 30

My question is should I add more Dry Acid to lower alkalinity further? Also concerned about the yo yo effect. Once I get the alkalinity dialed in do I add PH up? FC was very high as well 10.0. I added some leslie's chlor neutralizer and I'm down to 6.8. Do I continue to add that until I get down to 5.0 for FC? I'm thinking to waiting until the Chlorine is dialed in before adding more CYA.

Sorry for the loaded post.

Thank you in advance!

-Chris

You need a proper test kit before the experts can help much. Guess strips will have you jumping through hoops and messing things up. (Voice of experience) see link in my signature

Do not chase TA. Allow PH to rise to 8 or 8.2 ish, use pool math to lower ph to maybe 7.2ish no lower. As the ph rises and you dose with acid the TA will work its way down.

Add your pool info to your signature so experts can see itno need to neutralize CL,

waste money as sun UV will do the same thing. You can swim in up to slam levels for your cya.

Check out pool school for more info.

Also you don’t need to try to lower TA. It will come down on its own as you add acid when you need to lower the pH.

Welcome to TFP! ?? another suggestion is to use muriatic acid instead of dry acid when you need to lower ph in the future as the dry acid is not great for your cell. Here’s some reading to help u in your journey ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.