Water balance issues

Klanghorst

Jun 2, 2020
St. Louis, Missouri
I have SWG 28,000 gallon liner pool. I’m having difficulty getting my alkalinity within normal range.

Current readings:
PH 7.0
Alk 100
FC 4
CYA 60-70

I’ve lowered my PH to 7.0 from > 8.0 and have lowered my Alkalinity from a high of 160 to a current 100. At the 9th drop of R-009, the water turns purple but at the 10th drop it definitely goes to red. What can I do to lower alkalinity even more? Also, when should I increase my PH? After alkalinity is at recommended level? I plan on increasing PH with aeration or would you recommend using an increaser?

I use an intellichlor I40 which is now set on 20%. Soon, I’m sure I’ll have to increase the %.

Aeration is the best tool to raise the pH when you don't want to effect the TA. But your TA of 100 may be just fine now. If your pH doesn't rise really fast throughout the week or try to shoot-up over 7.8, I'd leave the TA alone and just manage your normal chemistry. The TA will probably fall slowly over the season anyway with each acid addition, but it doesn't look like anything you have to work aggressively.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.