In The Industry
May 21, 2021
Austin
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I am having trouble getting warranty work done. Pentair sent me to leslies (where I bought it). Leslie's is telling me "they dont have anyone to come look at the pump to verify that it is in fact burned up. We already had electrician come and discover this. So we have to wait indefinite amount of time to get a call back to even schedule a time for technician to come just to say yes it is burned up. I have called pentair I have called leslies... I don't know what else to do. HOw long should I go without my pool being circulated. ( I have a robot cleaner we are running everyday. to make sure pool get some movement. Pentair Intelliflo 3 hp VSP. I. understrand also , Pentair may not be making these anymore. Does anyone know about the newer replacement. I saw where mine is kind of grandfathered and can be replace iwth the same one.....I think is what I was reading. one more question: do other brand pumps work with intelliecenter?

The Intelliflo3 is the new version.

Is the pump under warranty?

Depending on how your spa operates, the Whisperflo VST may be a substitute.

Other brands do not mesh well with the Intellicenter.

Intelliflo 011018 was discontinued and replaced with the 011028.

If the motor is burnt out then you could replace it with another.

Last edited:
What does "Burned up" mean exactly?

Do you have pictures?
electrician said the motor is burned up. my husband is very mechanically inclined and talked "shop" with the electrician. I believe whatever they saw or evaluated is a motor failure. My husband could most likely repair or replace the motor, however we have warranty. Its frustrating that we can't just repair and move on because we are stuck in this warranty cycle of not getting service from Leslie Pools.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.