Wanting to convert from Baquacil to Chlorine

I chose to dose throughout the day....I believe that is why my conversion was so easy....I didn't add any cya until after the conversion was over and new media in filter...I find that my solar cover helps also...and just a reminder to throw any pool toys and such that may have baqua goo on them in to clean them off also...looking great though...you'll be swimming soon :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

u9ujy4ab.jpg

Last night last test was FC=14ppm, this morning FC=7.5 ppm, CC=2.5.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Kinda of.....

It is a good idea to cover the pool while at high levels of FC to help clean off all the Baqua that's currently on the cover. I'd suggest doing this with everything that's ever been in the pool. Steps, brushes, vacuum's, everything. To help with keeping the chlorine in the water however, no. The sun will help in the breakdown of the CC's and eliminating the Baqua. Seeing that you're nearing the end of the conversion, it maybe best to only add at night and early morning, unless you've got a party this weekend. :D

I don't think you need much time but I used mine when the sun was most intense to help chlorine stay...mine is a dark blue bubble type...and it did make some difference with chlorine loss...of course, as leebo said, you do need the sun too but you're nearing the end of the conversion now

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
tazuqe4e.jpg

This is day 6: 0600 FCtest last night was 14.5, CCTEST WAS 2.5. This morning FCtest is 7.5 and CCtest is .5. I'm putting the solar cover on for 1 hour to clean any goo off it. I'm hoping the .5 CC is a sign that I am almost done converting, maybe last day today. We will see.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Hope tonight is your night!! After I added that shock I got at the pool store yesterday my fc stayed up all day and held all night long last night. Water is gorgeous. Hope you get to swim this holiday weekend. I sure plan on it!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I am jealous of that cover by the way!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.