Vs pump to Easy Touch

VizWaters310

In The Industry
Jul 26, 2019
Carson , Ca
Can someone explain how to wire a vs pump with a salt chrolinator and a heater ? I know that i’m suppose to run the vs pump to separate breaker . But how can i run that filter pump with the rest of the two components so that they turn on o my when pump is active ?

Assuming you have the IntelliFlo, because the SuperFlo VS won't work, the pump is controlled by a data cable that runs from the pump to the EasyTouch's com port. The IntelliFlo is wired to constant 240 VAC power from a dedicated 20 amp GFCI breaker.

You must wire the IntelliChlor's transformer to the load side of the Pump/Filter relay. The line side of the pump/filter relay gets constant AC power. Either 120 or 240 depending on how you want to power the IntelliChlor.

When the ET tells the pump to run, it will also tell the pump/Filter relay to close.

The heater is controlled via a small relay on the main board... The 240 VAC for the heater is not controlled by the EasyTouch, only a low voltage control singnal from the pump's fireman's switch.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Assuming you have the IntelliFlo, because the SuperFlo VS won't work, the pump is controlled by a data cable that runs from the pump to the EasyTouch's com port. The IntelliFlo is wired to constant 240 VAC power from a dedicated 20 amp GFCI breaker.

You must wire the IntelliChlor's transformer to the load side of the Pump/Filter relay. The line side of the pump/filter relay gets constant AC power. Either 120 or 240 depending on how you want to power the IntelliChlor.

When the ET tells the pump to run, it will also tell the pump/Filter relay to close.

The heater is controlled via a small relay on the main board... The 240 VAC for the heater is not controlled by the EasyTouch, only a low voltage control singnal from the pump's fireman's switch.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks You’re the man !!!

Thanks,

Jim R.
So when wiring the pump and intellichlor to the panel, doesn’t the easytouch interface control the pump and salt cell when they turn on? In other words, if the pump and salt cell are wired directly to the breaker, doesn’t the panel control when they turn on if the data cable is connected?

K,

You are correct,

That is what I was trying to say in post # 2..

The salt system is wired to the load side of the pump/filter relay and not to the breaker. If any of the cell lights are on when the pump is off, then the ET is not wired correctly.

Jim R.

Last edited:
So when wiring the pump and intellichlor to the panel, doesn’t the easytouch interface control the pump and salt cell when they turn on? In other words, if the pump and salt cell are wired directly to the breaker, doesn’t the panel control when they turn on if the data cable is connected?
The EasyTouch does communicate with the cell, but only to change the percentage.

It doesn't actually have the ability to tell the cell that the pump is on or off. It doesn't control whether the cell is on or off through the data cable.

The cell will run if it has power and the flow switch is closed even if the Easytouch knows that the pump is off.

In my opinion, Pentair should fix that (and make Superflo VS controllable by automation).

In any case, you connect the SWG power to the Filter relay output (load) so that the relay cuts power to the SWG when the pump is off.

Here is an example.

b77a1a96-d040-432e-8146-1a3c18edf0dd-jpeg.128459
Why are you using white wires for power?

Why are you not using a 240 volt breaker?

Why isn't the pump on a 240 volt gfci breaker?

Who wired this?

Why are you using white wires for power?

Why are you not using a 240 volt breaker?

Why isn't the pump on a 240 volt gfci breaker?

Who wired this?
It is a 240 breaker but its not GFCI.
White is what i had in hand.
This is an MD type of wiring. ;)
Done the Mexican way!o_O

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.