VIVA LAS VEGAS! OB New Pool (Finally)

Mostly boring update...still waiting on the shotcrete to cure..1 more week to go then we can plaster..
So we are moving on to other work like a ton of landscaping, getting the wall and gate back up and shopping
for outdoor furniture..awesome to shop for off season great pricing may wait for Black Friday sales!!!

So after talking with a lot of people on this board and my neighbor, we decided to do an above ground spa
and it showed up today!!! YAY!!! 8' with 48 jets etc....can't wait to hook up this bad boy and get soaking!!!

So after talking with a lot of people on this board and my neighbor, we decided to do an above ground spa
and it showed up today!!! YAY!!! 8' with 48 jets etc....can't wait to hook up this bad boy and get soaking!!!

Don't forget that *new* spas need decontamination to get the oils and any biofilm from manufacturers testing water out of there. A little Ahh-some will do the trick.

Maddie :flower:

So we finally got to our pre-plaster final inspection and we failed because the City of Las Vegas requires a "service" GFCI receptacle that is more than 10' but less than 20' from the edge of the pool??????
Our house is 25' away and there is a GFCI plug there! This requirement is very specific and we will install one at this distance but I can't wrap my head around why the requirement is so specific?
Don't they want electricity as far away from the pool as possible??? Sigh, time to spend more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I know there is a reason all of the things end up in a building code but I thought it interesting that the inspector had no idea as to why this was in the code! I guess the people that do inspections don't have to know the "why" of code they just have
to inspect to see if something is there or not? Scratching my head on this one!

My guess for the code requirement is because it is expected that some electrical tools/equipment will be needed at some point and It reduces the likelihood of someone using an extension cord near the pool and creating that exposed electrical connection.

myvegaspool is that classic pool tile vibrance in marine? If not, what is it? I love it! Your pic came up on the main page today and i thought OH I think that's the tile i just choose. I'm hoping you still come on and see my post? I was wondering what grout color you went with (it looks like white) and if you're happy with the tile.
Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.