Vinyl Liner Feels Like Sandpaper

Cloudy water day 21--fourth day of SLAM--Probably an inch of rain overnight, but the chlorine level was right at 16 this morning when I checked. No evidence of measurable chlorine loss overnight for 2 nights. The weather is still cloudy so it's not burning much chlorine off so far today.

No difference in water that I can see. I can still make out the shape of the brush, dolphin or whatever is in the water to about 4 feet then gone. Brushed again yesterday, and will do so again today. Pool could not be more blue...just cloudy & blue.

No one answered the phone at either pool store about a pressure gauge...Lowes answered said they had 7 but had 0 when I got there. I'll try again today. I'm correct in understanding that to be a must before adding cellulose fiber or DE to the sand filter?

Thanks for your patience...this pool is certainly trying mine

You do need a pressure gauge to properly use DE. I am amazed Lowes would not have a pressure gauge ---

They had a shelf where pressure gauges once lived...even a sticker on the shelves...just no pressure gauges. No one in sight to ask questions as usual...so couldn't tell if they were out for the day, the week, the season, etc. Still searching...work did not allow for me to do much pool duty today,..so I've been stuck here at the house with no chance to go get one. I may call over there again and try to do a curbside pickup this time...that way if it's not there, I know for sure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.