Vinyl 18x36 on the way. Here is the gameplan!

Started laying out the coping. Yes I should have snapped this in place as soon as set the walls up. I think with a Little Rock removal and some fine tuning I can get the top of wall pretty straight which will keep my poured coping straight which is the visual aspect I’m worried about. But Now it looks like I’m 10’ short of liner track. They didn’t take the steel steps into account it appears. Uuggghhhh

Hang in there! Solve one problem at a time.

When my kit arrived I inventoried everything. Never thought to measure how much coping I received. (I guess anyone buying a kit take note!) I did have an issue with my 4 corners. When they packaged them they stretch wrapped all 4 of them together. If you have ever worked with stretch wrap. The more you put on the tighter it gets. I think there intention was to protect the pieces but it bent 1 of my coping corners. I was well past the return phase. So I contact hydra pool and there support said they would send one out to me for free, but I really need to go through pool warehouse. If pool warehouse wasn't willing to help he would bend one and send it to me. Long story short I called pool warehouse and they wanted to charge me something like $400 to send all 4 pieces again. I told them this was there mistake and I didn't open those corners until well into my project. I wrote on my BOL possible missing or concealed damage, exactly what you told me to write on there. They told me it was past time to make the claim with the carrier. Then I told them I contacted hydra pool directly and they said they would send me one and no charge, but I HAD to contact pool warehouse first. Calling back every day for almost a week and half they finally approved and shipped out my replacement.

My advice is call hydra pool and get them on board with the replacement and go from there.

Called pool warehouse and they compared what was shipped to what I needed and confirmed that I did not have what I needed. They are also getting those 6” corners pre-bent as well. After just trying to bend a 2’ radius smoothly I know I would mangle a 6”. New pieces are to be shipped by tomorrow.

I had issues w them as well poolwarehouse messed up lots w me including liner that was w a border after paying 400 to have without. Had a heck of a time bending the 2 foot radius w my cantilever coping took hours to get right. U can def hide the bows w the track pull a line and follow it. One thing I would have done is to brace the walls when u did collar w plywood and 2x4s. I did my bottoms thank God I woulda had issues otherwise and I went around when concrete was all pored for collar and adjusted again I had strings set up ready for final tuning. Those plastic walls are meant for water to be in pool b4 ba kfilling. w cantilever steel is way to go but u will be fine. U could always do a stone coping and then do concrete up to it. I'm guessing ur subbing out the deck it's not a diy job to do cantilever forms u gotta kno the set up timing of the concrete u use. U pull the forma while still wet and fine tune edge q a piece of form creaming the finish it's triiiiiiiicky to say the least

I had issues w them as well poolwarehouse messed up lots w me including liner that was w a border after paying 400 to have without. Had a heck of a time bending the 2 foot radius w my cantilever coping took hours to get right. U can def hide the bows w the track pull a line and follow it. One thing I would have done is to brace the walls when u did collar w plywood and 2x4s. I did my bottoms thank God I woulda had issues otherwise and I went around when concrete was all pored for collar and adjusted again I had strings set up ready for final tuning. Those plastic walls are meant for water to be in pool b4 ba kfilling. w cantilever steel is way to go but u will be fine. U could always do a stone coping and then do concrete up to it. I'm guessing ur subbing out the deck it's not a diy job to do cantilever forms u gotta kno the set up timing of the concrete u use. U pull the forma while still wet and fine tune edge q a piece of form creaming the finish it's triiiiiiiicky to say the least

I got most of the track on today except the steps pieces i'm waiting on. Looks alot straighter with a little banging and pushing around. Those 2' sections were a pain in the tail. They should send those prebent. Concrete guy coming Sunday to give me a quote on deck. They are really busy so I'm going to do all the forms and he says that will help him jump on it quicker. We shall see. Should be ready for bonding inspection by Monday. After that , I'll start getting pool bottom ready.

We said the same thing about the 2 ft radius pieces why wouldn't they pre bend them. Impossible to bend them perfect we got em pretty good but thwy deform slightly on top. U never aee it in the end bugs u while it's exposed tho. Now I can't even tell liner hides bottom coping hides top. Wall foam his everything else and makes walls feel nice u won't see any of it but u will always kno its there if ur like me. Pool companies do way worst and nobody ever fly knows they juat see finished pool in end and enjoy it

We said the same thing about the 2 ft radius pieces why wouldn't they pre bend them. Impossible to bend them perfect we got em pretty good but thwy deform slightly on top. U never aee it in the end bugs u while it's exposed tho. Now I can't even tell liner hides bottom coping hides top. Wall foam his everything else and makes walls feel nice u won't see any of it but u will always kno its there if ur like me. Pool companies do way worst and nobody ever fly knows they juat see finished pool in end and enjoy it

You can get 2 ft radius off the shelf any day..
Granted you are all done now..
I hope you guys are using metal extrusion, not the plastic junk.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
No Progress in a month! Waiting on concrete guys to pour deck and coping. Between people having poor business practices and weather I may indeed fill the pool up and put the winter cover on. Wife is not happy. The one thing I have to rely on others to do is the one thing holding me up. Surprise Surprise.

Keondgo,

I feel your pain with regards to the contractors and your wife. Contractors are a tight nit community. The good ones are expensive and hard to get to come out and do work. the contractors that you do get to come out can be unbelievably unreliable.

I started my pool in July and didn't finish until the middle of October. I set my liner, cut in all my openings and installed my plugs right away. I reached a point where I decided it wasn't going to be done for swimming so I just winterized it and took my time to finish up the detail work and worked on my fence in November/December. In April I did my landscaping and I was already to open the pool in late April early may. Wife and kids weren't real happy with me, but it was the sacrifice I/we made to have a pool as a DIY project. If your wife wanted a pool in 3 weeks you should have payed the extra money and had a pool contractor do it.

In the end the wife and kids have enjoyed the pool all summer and we saved a lot of money!

Need some help! put up all my walls and steps. measured 100 times squaring everything as i went. the pool is perfectly 18' across. but i'm 3/4” long on 36' dimension on both sides so its not a squre problem. Hydrapool polymer panels have no noticeable gaps that would clearly show why its longer. I see no way to fix this as the error accumulates as you go down each wall. Is my liner gonna fit?
I ordered a hydrapools steel pool kit from Pool Warehouse & worst experience I've ever had. All of the skimmer holes had to be re-cut, returns & light holes were not correct size & the liner track on my steps was 1/4" too small. Neither company has been helpful in resolving the issue & won't even return calls.

Vermiculite Time. Gonna mix myself. 1 94lb portland to 2 (4cuft) vermiculite. Anybody have a clue about how much water to expect. i did a half batch tonight to fill in some wash areas. i put 15 gallons of water in the mix and it was still very dry. This is gonna suck!

i mixed 45lbs portland and 1 bag of vermiculite and i could see it taking 18-20. i stopped a little over 15 and it was still dry but i could trowel on but some was rolling down loose. that would mean i would be looking at 40 gallons in a full mix. seems like an awful lot. of course no one around here rents a mortar mixer so trying to buy a used one. Beginning to think i'm a fool for doing this but looking at the job these concrete guys did i know why i'm going to try.

I didnt mix mine in a mixer, we mixed it in the hole w shovels turning it over and spraying w the hose. yours isnt much bigger than mine with some manpower you could do it same way. if you overmix it with a gas mixer you have a hard time getting it out of the mixer and it trowels horribly. I used about 60 bags of premix on mine it wasnt actually bad at all 4 guys 2 short days. You would need to mix your batch first to get the verm and portland right then water it and fold it over and over while misting it. you shouldnt need that much water you prob added too much you want it dry like oatmeal nothing like concrete. on a 40# premix its about 6 gallons of water, so if you did 85# total mix you should need about 13-15 max. shouldnt be loose enough to roll down the slope on you. after it dries you can sand off spots w heavy grit sandpaper on a belt sander or similar and if you have any pimples you can use straight portland to skim over and fill the voids and just mist it a little the ground water will bind it all together.

I started in a wheel barrow and realized that wasnt going to work and just dumped it on the pool bottom and did the same thing with a hoe. Gonna try to get hands on deck starting early sunday morning and see how it goes. i look at youtube vidoes and they're mix in most are way wetter than what i had. i guess in the end it just matters if it goes on and trowels good. we will see how it goes. meanwhile i will be chipping all the concrete out of the skimmer the concrete guys left for me.

Gotcha. Dont bother w the hoe use flat shovels and a hose w a spray setting. We did 4 bags at a time so dump ur Portland and spread it and dump 2 Verm. Mix that by folding and then start wetting and folding. Take ur time. I snapped chalkline around walls and put in a few rebar pins marked for depth. Use a straight 2x4 for a guide. Easy peasy my floor looks good under the lights I thought it would suck. Go barefoot next day scrape down highs and lows u fill u cane belt sand mistakes.

I had the same problem w their steel panels. I shot my grade benchmark and then dug out the total 42"all the way across thru the overdig. I went back and installed the half of pool of the deep end and got it rly close my panels were all same size so I squared it from seams of panels and I used 2x4s at the base of walls across pool to keep it perfect distance. I rebar pinned the walls and the supports to keep it close, you DONT need to worry too much about top of wall panels right now, just keep them close and worry about the bottom, pull tape from lowest point of wall to square it. If you are saying that one end is longer than the other and you are super close on square a panel is out of size, if you tape each one from seams you will find some differences, I had some panels that were taller by 1/4" than others and a few that were 1/8" heavy in length. I ended up 1/4" out of square and 1/4" long on one wall but its close enuff liner will fit even with an inch out. DIYíng the pool we nitpick everything, you think pool companies spend that much time getting it perfect? no way they get it close and they know what they can deal with and move on time is money to them. Im about to do my vermiculite Ive been rained out for almost 3 weeks I ended up getting a harbor freight 20x40 tarp and built goalpost across middle and made a roof over the pool and it helped alot or you can do like you did and lay it down and put a vertical float sump pump in it and let it be a temp liner to help dry it. As long as your long and short walls are straight when you are ready for the collar pour it wont show being out. Also stake the panels and use 2x4s as braces the short way and stake the inside walls I had hair movements from the concrete pour if I hadnt done that my walls would have been messed after concrete

Jim,
Can this 2x4 bracing your talk about be done on a free form polymer panel pool?

I’ve read from other post that when pouring the concrete collar it does push out the bottom panels.

Thanks,
Joe

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.