Video about Pee in Pools :)

Very nice video.

One technical problem though - not all urine is converted into nitrogen trichloride (trichloramine). In fact, in outdoor residential pools with 30ppm CYA or more, the primary chloramine specie is monochloramine. Dichloramine and nitrogen trichloride are created at much, much lower concentrations. And, since monochloramine both outgases and is broken down by UV light, very little of it remains in the pool. Also, urea does not readily form trichloramine but rather forms trichlorourea which is a different compound.

But, I do like the use of acesulfame potassium as a pee indicator!! Perhaps Taylor should make a test kit that detects acesulfame potassium so we can all know how much pee is in out pools....

not all urine is converted into nitrogen trichloride (trichloramine). In fact, in outdoor residential pools with 30ppm CYA or more, the primary chloramine specie is monochloramine. Dichloramine and nitrogen trichloride are created at much, much lower concentrations. And, since monochloramine both outgases and is broken down by UV light, very little of it remains in the pool. Also, urea does not readily form trichloramine but rather forms trichlorourea which is a different compound

I'm curious. What do you do? I can't not picture you wearing a lab coat.

Perhaps Taylor should make a test kit that detects acesulfame potassium so we can all know how much pee is in out pools....

Are you sure that's something you REALLY want to know?

I'm curious. What do you do? I can't not picture you wearing a lab coat.

Are you sure that's something you REALLY want to know?

I used to wear Class 1 cleanroom bunny suits all the time....these days, I'm just the household pool boy....

I'm curious enough that knowing what the levels are would more than offset any ick-factor....and, if it involves getting to play with a high performance liquid chromatograph hooked up to an inductively-coupled mass spectrometer, then I am totally down with that :geek:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.