Tampa Bay
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Solaxx (Saltron) Resilience / Aquacomfort A5
Note that water can sometimes leak into the wiring compartment through the top screw that holds down the wiring compartment cover.

It will run down the post and fill the wiring compartment and short everything out.

Make sure that the screw has an O-ring and maybe put a piece of tape over the screw.

You can also press a piece of plumbers putty on top of the screw to seal out the water. The putty never hardens and can be removed easily should you need to get back in there.
The o-ring is dried up after 4 years and falling apart. Inside still looks pretty good. I was planning on putting some silicone lube in the threads to help. Also have a cover for the motor to cut down on rain hitting it hard.

thefisch

Mar 11, 2021
Tampa Bay
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
I put a cover over mine to keep the heat and water off the motor, has worked great for 6 years :)

About 6 months ago, I covered mine with some PVC sign board zip tied to the pipe coming off the pump to reduce the impact of rain coming off the roof line. Still gets wet indirectly but not as bad. Should have done it from the beginning - there was already some damage to the coating after 3.5 years.

cover.jpg

Reactions: cowboycasey

thefisch

Mar 11, 2021
Tampa Bay
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Just to follow up, after playing phone tag, I got a call today from a Century product rep. I had contacted them last week to see if they had any troubleshooting steps for me to try. The guy was very helpful, but he thinks in my case the weld under the start button had come loose.

He shared that they did have an issue 3-4 years ago with control board buttons not working. While they are not serviceable, he was aware that some customers have swapped the drive unit (the upper housing with the control board) from another motor where perhaps the motor portion was bad. He cautioned that the wiring between the drive unit and motor would be fragile after years of exposure and there is not an wiring plug that would allow for easy change out. Despite not having a spare drive unit anyway, not sure I would attempt this unless it was a last resort.

So far the digital input hack is working as a single speed motor. I started looking into timer relays like this one that could allow me to run a second step for a period of time. But I am going to wait a little bit to make sure there aren't other issues.

setsailsoon

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Oct 25, 2015
Stuart/FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
I just put a blob of UV resistant sealant on my screw that has an o-ring also. Belt and suspenders. Took it apart after 5 days of monsoon rains we get here. Bone dry so I resealed and haven't had any issues.

Reactions: JamesW and thefisch