s2k4cobra

Aug 16, 2019
Abilene Tx
We had our Pentair 1hp Superflo pump crack from the Texas winter storm and I replaced the pump with a Superflo 1.5hp pump. Ever since then I have very fine dirt in the pool. I have vacuumed twice and it always returns. Granted I didn't vacuum to waste because I thought the dirt was from high winds which we get in West Texas. My question would be is my pump too big for the Triton II TR60 sand filter(replaced last summer), maybe cracked laterals, need to vacuum to waste and see or my problem is something else I'm scratching my head on this one.

Attachments

• dd.jpg
    dd.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 30
  • ff.jpg
    ff.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 29
  • gg.jpg
    gg.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 30
How did you get the 120 CYA ? Over 100 needs to use diluted pool water with tap water until you get a reading under 100 and multiply by the parts used. 2 parts tap water and 1 part pool / R-0013 mix is times 3 for example.

I am having a very similar problem. I replaced all my pump parts including laterals and spider gasket. I attached a sock to the filter output in the pool. And the sock is brown. No more dirt in the pool, but it is definitely coming in through the filter. I have no idea what the solution is since I have replaced everything. What kind of sand are you using?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.