Vegas OB! Just got plans back and need some feedback (pics included :) )

Hey Will, I know you already saw this, but I'm posting it here so your followers can see some other options. Hope you don't mind. Haha! You probably already ordered these next ones. Heck, I may too - they look awesome.

This was the recommendation from back_yard_lap_pool. If you don't know, he's the one building the 85k gallon, 85ft lap pool. This guy should know his swim goggles, right?!

His quote when we asked: "Ha! I'm far from an goggle expert or connoisseur but I'm partial to the Aqua Sphere products. Kaimans for lap swimming and Kayennes for open water. I figure goggles are a fairly face-shape specific item though so I would try some on before buying."

He likes these for open water swimming.

And these for lap swimming. These happen to be women's.

I'm glad you posted her Suz lol. I did see his thread and I plan on purchasing one of those pairs as well. Only thing I don't know is what's the difference between open water and lap swimming.... my pool is just a measly 34ft compared to his King Kong swim pad lol, so I'm guessing open water will be good????
And I'm actually surprised with all the wealth on this forum that no one speaks about goggles or pool accessories

FWIW, my Hayward VS kicks on at 3450rpm and cycles down to 2340 after 90 seconds, where it remains for the full seven hour run time. I have an in-floor cleaning system and a salt cell and it all works out pretty well. The water pots (feature) is set to run 10 minutes during the cycle. The in-floor is both pool and spa so they both get plenty of circulation.

Only thing I don't know is what's the difference between open water and lap swimming.... my pool is just a measly 34ft compared to his King Kong swim pad lol, so I'm guessing open water will be good????
And I'm actually surprised with all the wealth on this forum that no one speaks about goggles or pool accessories

I'm not sure which pair would be best. To address your second point about goggles info on TFP, I searched through the search bar up top. There wasn't much, but I did find a good suggestion a year ago by pooldv. Try a swim shop that caters to swim teams. They should have a good variety to try on. Maybe they would have the aqua sphere brand or something similar to give you an idea.

There is more on TFP than we realize. I know in my case, I often forget to use the search bar. It was skimpy on goggles. I think mostly little kids use the goggles from Walmart or the dollar store. Lol!! I guess not a lot of people on here wanting quality goggles. Maybe it's just people like you and me with good taste who want to know!!

That is another reason I wanted to post the goggles info here. I'm trying to build a resource bank of threads with info I might be able to share. Your thread is already in a folder, so I'll have the goggles info if anyone asks sometime.

So right as we were leaving for vacation I got a nice present.... HULK showed up! I didn't get to open cause we were literally loading up but I look forward to letting him hulk smash all the dust in my pool lol
Oh and my goggles came today Suz :) . I wasted no time getting those lol

And a pic of the pool today :)

Looks like Will is also a victim of Photo bucket :( Pool HULK is missing out on his photo shoot. You can put your photos in the photo gallery at the top of the page. I found it very easy to use.

Hope y'all have fun on vacy!

Kim:kim:

Will, vacation got in the way of keeping up with the forum. I have tried every pair of goggles from every company that makes them. In my opinion TYR makes the best goggles out there. I used them in almost every triathlon I have done including the short one with an hour and twenty minute swim. Very comfortable and no leaks.

Thanks! It truly is and days like today make me appreciate how blessed I am to be able to have the things we have.

She has an open invitation lol. And the noodles were on accident I think, all I need is my handy googles so I can see under water and get no water in my eyes.

So the tv that's out here now is from a spare room upstairs just to make sure everything was working and to entertain myself and the guest for the night. I just got out the pool and I'm watching a movie while others are still in the pool and can still see it which is nice, came out better than I expected. The actual tv is going to be a outdoor tv Sarah brand I think it's called, I'm not as tech savvy so forgive me if I butcher the names .
The guy got me a 11.2 zone merants receiever and a total control remote to control outside and inside. There is also a app for the receiver that I can control everything with that I'm learning how to use. Hopefully this answers your questions

ok ok i found it! my bad!

marantz receiver? if so cool. that is our go to cause of warranty and quality for price. denon is also fine. same company. marantz puts more into their audio boards for sound quality. amps are a bit better too.

total control remote. which one? RF issue so you don't have to point it at anything or did he put an eye on the tv to send signals back to receiver? we use their remotes if the customer doesn't want full iPad/idevice control or if we are doing a large system which required a lot of macros (multiple commands being sent at once) or if automation is involved with house. if we are doing automation everyone gets a iPad which has a custom built remote on it. we use iRule only for that.

outdoor tv's. i don't know much about them. in our area panels need to come in in the winter anyway so we just get customers samsung cause they are only out a few months so cold/ moisture changes isn't an issue. we actually have a customer who keeps his outside year round. it's under his upper porch. 5 years outside still kicking! crazy! not normal though!

Will, I've played quite a bit with my pump speed and heres where I landed: general circulation 1150 (7 hr a day, suction vac 1650, solar heat 2550.

When in my general mode I have my skimmer value is 100% open and drain value 1/8 open, this gives me good skimmer action while still drawing a little from the floor. not sure if thats required or not, just seemed like a good idea to me.

I'm anal about efficiency, gas mileage etc. so I probably spent way too much time doing things like pulling my cleaner to the surface and counting tire revolutions per minute dialing speed exactly the recommended rpm. Now that I have her dialed in though its nice to know in general mode my VSP is only costing me .126 cents a day to run and my water features .25 an hour.

Will, vacation got in the way of keeping up with the forum. I have tried every pair of goggles from every company that makes them. In my opinion TYR makes the best goggles out there. I used them in almost every triathlon I have done including the short one with an hour and twenty minute swim. Very comfortable and no leaks.
Thank you sir, I will be texting you for a link so I buy the right pair lol. I have already bought 2 pairs based of suggestions from TFP and I want to try these as well
ok ok i found it! my bad!

marantz receiver? if so cool. that is our go to cause of warranty and quality for price. denon is also fine. same company. marantz puts more into their audio boards for sound quality. amps are a bit better too.

total control remote. which one? RF issue so you don't have to point it at anything or did he put an eye on the tv to send signals back to receiver? we use their remotes if the customer doesn't want full iPad/idevice control or if we are doing a large system which required a lot of macros (multiple commands being sent at once) or if automation is involved with house. if we are doing automation everyone gets a iPad which has a custom built remote on it. we use iRule only for that.

outdoor tv's. i don't know much about them. in our area panels need to come in in the winter anyway so we just get customers samsung cause they are only out a few months so cold/ moisture changes isn't an issue. we actually have a customer who keeps his outside year round. it's under his upper porch. 5 years outside still kicking! crazy! not normal though!
Thanks for the info. I have a iPad remote for my system like the one you are describing.
Will, I've played quite a bit with my pump speed and heres where I landed: general circulation 1150 (7 hr a day, suction vac 1650, solar heat 2550.

When in my general mode I have my skimmer value is 100% open and drain value 1/8 open, this gives me good skimmer action while still drawing a little from the floor. not sure if thats required or not, just seemed like a good idea to me.

I'm anal about efficiency, gas mileage etc. so I probably spent way too much time doing things like pulling my cleaner to the surface and counting tire revolutions per minute dialing speed exactly the recommended rpm. Now that I have her dialed in though its nice to know in general mode my VSP is only costing me .126 cents a day to run and my water features .25 an hour.
Thanks for the insight. I'm going to back my pump down to try this, figure I can save a few bucks along the way

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks for the insight. I'm going to back my pump down to try this, figure I can save a few bucks along the way

I always get so tickled when I read things like this! It's all over the place on TFP - how to save pennies and a few bucks when we spent $k on getting a pool. I'm the exact same way (I've been accused my shoes squeak when I put them on) - still it strikes me a little funny. But as they say, that's the reason we got to the point of getting a pool.!!!

I always get so tickled when I read things like this! It's all over the place on TFP - how to save pennies and a few bucks when we spent $k on getting a pool. I'm the exact same way (I've been accused my shoes squeak when I put them on) - still it strikes me a little funny. But as they say, that's the reason we got to the point of getting a pool.!!!

I agree with you 100%! I think when we're building the pool we don't really think about all the money we're actually spending cause we're so committed and excited about the cause lol. But once we're done reality sets in and then I start complaining about things like pool toys and floats and telling myself I'll get them next year cause it's an unnecessary expense Hahahaha
Crazy how this works, but we're are blessed and fortunate to be able to do any kind of pool no matter the size or features

Agree 100% Meow.
So I just got back from vacation and man was San Diego nice, weather was never above 85 degrees.
So we went fishing with the kids for our annual family fishing competition (I won ) and we fish for bluegill so the little ones can just watch the bobber and pluck them out the water. While I was gone my neighbors were getting good use of my pool lol. I received a text daily from different ones asking to use the pool.
While I was gone though the grill some how blew into he pool and of course I grilled right before I left and didn't clean out the charcoal pan :/. I don't know if it was the wind or someone pushed it in. Either way a ton of charcoal was at the bottoms of my pool waiting for me..... which leads me to the introduction of Hulk Jr. , of course I'm Hulk Sr so that name was already taken.
I must say once I dropped in in the water I was highly impressed with his cleaning capabilities, he was a true beast and it was neat to see him climb the walls and stairs and scrub the tile line. I can honestly say there was a challenge and he was up to it and did a good job, it did take 3 runs to fully clean the pool but all I had to do was rinse the filters and press power and he was off again.
Next up is finishing the bench and a little bit of backyard decorations, we will wait for landscaping until it cools down out here.
I have pics but that photo bucket policy is dumb ggrrr. They are now officially off my Christmas card list , I can't believe they did that and all my photos are gone. I even have some nice shots of my water color all settled in and pics of the sun setting in the backyard along with the fish, charcoal, and hulk doing his job..... this is a sad day

I forgot to mention Mama Suz that I LOVE your goggle choice! They don't fog and they come with ear plugs and nose plug as well, I felt like a true Olympic swimmer. The only thing is they are a little snug around the eyes but they don't let water in so I guess that's a good trade off. They also are perfect for sun bt a little dark for night since they are tinted
Trevar I will be trying your googles next week when they arrive and have high expectations for triathlon goggles lol
I find that I use my pool to swim laps way more than expected , almost like I channel my inner Michael phelps lol.
So now I have one thing I would change on my pool, I would have made it 40 feet plus with a dedicated swim lane so I could practice my Olympic freestyle swim.

Will your pics should still be there for you to get back. I think they are just blocking 3rd party use. You can bring them over to TFP's photo gallery.

:shock: grill IN the pool????? ummmmm nope! Please tell me that some one got the grill out and tried to clean up the bigger pieces of charcoal. gurrrrrrrrrr

Kim:kim:

Hey Big Will,
Loved your pool but cannot see pics anymore. Can you Pm me some finished? Lover your decking and stone venner, what type and brand were the stone paver/tile and stone veneer on wall and spa. Thanks so much, hope your enjoying.
Sam

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.