Vegas OB! Just got plans back and need some feedback (pics included :) )

Those lights look great! Do you have any more pictures of your water and interior during the day? My plaster is scheduled for one week from today. I'm pretty much set on my interior, but I keep second guessing myself. ha ha....

Will, why do you want the spillway off sometimes when the pool pump is on and circulating the pool? Is it too loud? My spillway is always flowing when the pool pump is on. That's worked fine for me, because I don't want the spa water sitting still anymore than it already does when the pool pump is off. I have 2 speeds, high and low. When I have friends in the pool visiting, sometimes I will make sure the pump is on low speed, so the noise doesn't get in the way of my old lady hearing. You have a variable speed pump, so doesn't that let you change it to all sorts of speeds including and between high and low?

I'm asking so I can look into changing my routine if the spillway shouldn't be flowing so much.

Those lights look great! Do you have any more pictures of your water and interior during the day? My plaster is scheduled for one week from today. I'm pretty much set on my interior, but I keep second guessing myself. ha ha....

I have some pictures a few pages back of the finish but when I go home on my lunch to brush the pool I will take some more for you. If there is a certain angle your looking for or something specific just let me know

Will, why do you want the spillway off sometimes when the pool pump is on and circulating the pool? Is it too loud? My spillway is always flowing when the pool pump is on. That's worked fine for me, because I don't want the spa water sitting still anymore than it already does when the pool pump is off. I have 2 speeds, high and low. When I have friends in the pool visiting, sometimes I will make sure the pump is on low speed, so the noise doesn't get in the way of my old lady hearing. You have a variable speed pump, so doesn't that let you change it to all sorts of speeds including and between high and low?

I'm asking so I can look into changing my routine if the spillway shouldn't be flowing so much.

Mama Suz
From what I understand the spa doesn't need as much turn over and with the stone in the front the more I run the spillway the more calcium that will build up on it over time. It is recommend to run the spa for only 30mins to an hour a day for the Cchlorine and filtering anything else is not needed and will just lead to extra maintenance later.
So example- if my pool filter runs for 6 hours a day I need to be able to just set the spa to filter for the last 30 mins or the first 30 mins to prevent extra build up. Bdavis could elaborate more seeing as I'm not to much of an expert, im just going off there recommendations . This was also discussed in detail earlier in my thread and if you read grumpie thread he talked about the same thing and how they plumbed his spa wrong and it always runs

I have some pictures a few pages back of the finish but when I go home on my lunch to brush the pool I will take some more for you. If there is a certain angle your looking for or something specific just let me know

Thanks - I don't what I'm looking for specifically.. I guess I'm trying to get an idea of how the beads and shells look up close. I'm leaning towards having my plaster guys use double beads and double shells, but I don't exactly know what that means because they don't specify how many batches are needed for my pool so I don't know the total lbs of beads and shells.

Thanks - I don't what I'm looking for specifically.. I guess I'm trying to get an idea of how the beads and shells look up close. I'm leaning towards having my plaster guys use double beads and double shells, but I don't exactly know what that means because they don't specify how many batches are needed for my pool so I don't know the total lbs of beads and shells.

I'll take some close up pics but here are some on my thread a few pages back. I would just ask your PB how many pounds of beads and shells he uses then you can go from there. I also detailed how many pounds I used to make it really sparkly.
Let me know what he says

Thanks! I'm doing an owner/builder, so I guess that I'm the PB.. The plaster company doesn't t seem to want to tell me how many total pounds of beads and shells, just how many pounds per batch.. If I know how many batches it would take for my pool then I could easily figure the total # of lbs, but for some reason that info is hard to get. Also, if I could figure out how many sqft one batch of pebble sheen covers that I could do the math, but I can't find this info either..

I'm probably overthinking this, as I have done almost every step of the way... :)

Thanks! I'm doing an owner/builder, so I guess that I'm the PB.. The plaster company doesn't t seem to want to tell me how many total pounds of beads and shells, just how many pounds per batch.. If I know how many batches it would take for my pool then I could easily figure the total # of lbs, but for some reason that info is hard to get. Also, if I could figure out how many sqft one batch of pebble sheen covers that I could do the math, but I can't find this info either..

I'm probably overthinking this, as I have done almost every step of the way... :)

What are the dimensions of your pool. I see your perimeter is 95. My pool took 8-9 batches, how many pounds did they tell you they add per batch?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What are the dimensions of your pool. I see your perimeter is 95. My pool took 8-9 batches, how many pounds did they tell you they add per batch?

My pool is a freeform shape, 95 linear foot perimeter with depth from 3.5-5 feet and a tanning shelf. I think it's about 850 sqft of interior surface area and around 10-11k gallons.

Your latest pictures look amazing - That's a lot of sparkle!!

Wow. That bling! Is that mostly the shells or is it also the glass beads? I'm also surprised at how dark the finish came out. Were you expecting that shade?
I was not expecting this shade but I'm VERY happy with it, I prefer darker but my wife doesn't but because it's so shiny it looks lighter and she is happy
That is a combination of the shells and glass, we had a ton of both put in and probably overdid it
My pool is a freeform shape, 95 linear foot perimeter with depth from 3.5-5 feet and a tanning shelf. I think it's about 850 sqft of interior surface area and around 10-11k gallons.

Your latest pictures look amazing - That's a lot of sparkle!!
I would guess you pool would need 5-6 batches. Mine is 18k gallons and we used 8 and mine is 7ft deep which means more surface area.
How many pounds of beads do they use per batch?

Thanks - It helps to know that they used 8 batches for your pool. The std upgrade for beads is 50lbs per patch and I'm thinking about doubling it to 100 lbs per batch. I'm not sure how many lbs of shells they use per batch but I'm trying to find out.

Thanks - It helps to know that they used 8 batches for your pool. The std upgrade for beads is 50lbs per patch and I'm thinking about doubling it to 100 lbs per batch. I'm not sure how many lbs of shells they use per batch but I'm trying to find out.

So the shells they can do as little as 1 per batch up to 3. You also have the option of not adding them to the batch and handcasting them in the pool. I can tell you that you definitely notice the ones that are handcasted the most but when they are mixed in the batch you will see them on your walls and stuff.
I choose to do both and I'm very happy with my choice. I over did it a bit so you would be fine with 2-3 bags but 5-6 won't kill you either lol. Also you get the most bang for your buck when you hand cast them in the shallow end, spa, steps, and benches
Hope this helps

Will, thanks for thinking about me for startup! You are too kind and thoughtful :). I asked our contractor about startup and he said he has a guy that does pool maintenance that does his startups for him, he said the guy will try to solicit his monthly maintenance services, but it's all up to us... Anyway, even though it's "free" I have declined the startup services and advised him that we will do it all ourselves...I could change that if needed, but we have been following TFP guides for 4 years, so I think I should be okay with startup! Good reminder for me to check my reagent levels in my kit and see if I need to order any refills :).
Are you testing your water yourself? How's your levels looking?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.