Variable Speed Pump- HELP

veneanz

May 21, 2019
Celina, Texas
We are one year out from our build. We have always had issue with our water features hitting the wall. When we turn the pump up, it takes from the spa and then eventually the spa stops running. We’ve cleaned the filters twice this year, it’s not that. Our PB is no help! I just want our water features and spa to flow properly. Thoughts? Not sure if you can tell by the photo...middle feature is hitting the wall and right is flowing over a tad.D6F1C676-7075-4304-84E6-5D9330F88604.jpeg

V,

What most people don't understand about having a lot of water features, is that they can take massive amount of water flow for them to work the way you want them to look.

Help us our here and complete your pool's signature so we have an idea what you are working with...

If you have a dinky pump running at full speed, it may not have enough flow to support more than one feature at a time.

What pump or pumps do you have???

Thanks,

Jim R.

V,

What most people don't understand about having a lot of water features, is that they can take massive amount of water flow for them to work the way you want them to look.

Help us our here and complete your pool's signature so we have an idea what you are working with...

If you have a dinky pump running at full speed, it may not have enough flow to support more than one feature at a time.

What pump or pumps do you have???

Thanks,

Jim R.
Pentair VS. I’ll post a pic.

I moved your information to the Signature block.
Your pictures show three pumps. You only listed one. What are the other two for?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The Jandy pump appears to be a water feature pump or at least for the water features. Is it running when you run the sheer descents?

Reactions: veneanz
I can't make out the actual labels on the pumps, only Boost-Rite Booster Pump (LA-MS05). Is the IntelliFlo VSF numbered 011056? The Jandy FloPro should have a model number starting w/ FHPM.

V,

That is a pressure side cleaner, not a robot, but that has nothing to do with your problems..

Forgetting about your waterfall wall and just looking at your spa overflow... It appears to me that your IntelliFlo pump has to send water to your pool returns, as well as some yet unidentified place, plus the spa overflow... That is a lot of water, so the first question is.. What speed is your pump running when in the pool mode..

Show me the following ScreenLogic screenshot..

Or at least tell me what speed the IntelliFlo runs in the pool mode..

We also need better pics of the valves that are associated with the water feature pump.. I assume it sends water to your waterfall wall. If not, what does it send water to?? We need to be able to see what position the handles are in.. Step back a couple of feet.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.