Valve Position Question

Queencreekgn23

Dec 6, 2020
Queen Creek, AZ
Hi all - new first time pool owner. Going it alone as of this week and had a question about the correct valve position. Side note- I’ve felt recently (even when we had a service company) that the skimmer didn’t skim as much as I thought it should. See pics below for current valve position:E8D10814-D11E-4E9B-8F86-EDE88CFF4282.jpeg

Well, those valves appear to be the returns of water to your pool. I;m not sure what "quickskim" is, but it's turned off.

With those valves, if the handle is in line with the pipe, it's open. If it's across the pipe, it's closed.

Right now the only water returning ot your pool is thru the infloor system.

Congrats! Well you found the right place. So the picture shows most of the return valves. You have a quick skim so it has the ability of return water back into the skimmer creating more of a vortex. The valve behind it going into the pump is the intake depending on your pool one may be skimmer and the other main drain. We would need more info so when you get a chance please update signature.
ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
Test Kits Compared
Recommended Levels

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.