Vacuuming ? What is it?

Vacuuming usually means getting a pool vacuum head (it goes on the end of a pole), and then hooking it up to a hose that either goes into a dedicated suction port, or sometimes plugs into the skimmer. Then you move the head back and forth over the pool bottom to suck up leaves, dirt, etc. A quick look at Amazon or your favorite pool supplier will yield numerous pool vacuum options.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbbpkDlbOjA

Great video demonstration and I learned her method to getting the hose primed. Believe it or not.. embarrassing as this story is to share, my wife and I made this a 2 person project every time, she would take the hose over by the return and use that to get the prime started while the I would wait like a dog for a treat next to the skimmer to attach it so we could use this piece of junk vacuum head we had. Oh we must have been quite the sight!

I showed my wife this technique and she almost fell in the pool. lol, so yeah.. now around here it is a 1 person show when it comes to vacuuming the pool.

I bought a pentair listed in my signature and I love it, it does just a wonderful job and is easy to move around and it actually picks up the dirt/debris.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.