Vacuum plate stuck

jennad

Sep 26, 2022
Upstate New York
Hi, I am sorry if this isn't the right place to post. I just realized that my vacuum plate is stuck in the skimmer. I am not sure how to get it out and I know I need to soon to be prepared for pool closing for the winter. Would it be bad to drain some water to try to get it out? I have an inground pool.
Thank you!

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Can you try to post a pic of your skimmer so we can see what model skimmer and plate you are using? It might help with recommendations.

Also be sure to visit our Pool Care Basics page and update your signature. See mine as an example. Enjoy the forum! :swim:

Does the vacuum plate look something like this?
1665577195471.png

If so, maybe it needs to be twisted to be unlocked. I don't see how opening the pump up will help if the plate is stuck in the skimmer. If the vacuum plate that you have is just a circular plate, then maybe there is some debris between the plate and the skimmer wall. How much force did you use trying to pull it out? Did you try to wiggle it back and forth?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.