Vacation

joemkraus

Bronze Supporter
Sep 23, 2019
Saratoga, CA
If I typically lose 4ppm per day of FC with my recommended range of 5-7, and before I go on a 3 day vacation Take it to 16, will I still lose only 4ppm per day so on return I would still have 4ppm, or does it deplete faster at higher levels?

Next time? If several months from how then daily FC loss will diminish as we move into fall and winter. You may also see some degradation of your CYA levels over time and tabs are still OK. If you are only gone a few days just pull the tabs out when you get back. If your CYA gets to 50 you may want to find someone to dose your pool with liquid or Cal-Hypo (check CH level) for you rather than use trichlor tabs or dichlor.

Thanks, never used Cal Hypo and have no experience, my calcium level is pretty low so I understand that is the only downside but in my case I guess It’s not gonna be a problem. No problem with using it with liquid chlorine? Do they make Cal hypo tablets?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.