L.A. CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I have a situation where my hose get sucked up to the skimmer and can't break free. I use my pool brush laid on the ground with the brush about a foot off the coping turned length wise to block the hose from getting close to the skimmer and put bricks on the handle to hold it in place. Anyone else use a pool vac with a hose that has run into this problem. Hayward pool bar XL. Thx.

I bought a threaded PVC coupling and a backwash hose adaptor at Lowes. Plumbing & Pool sections, respectively. The coupling sits nicely in the skimmer hole but doesn't get sucked in. After the tailpiece broken I discovered the hose wedges snugly into the threads.

attachment.php

If your main drain isn't plumbed to your skimmer the way mine is, buy a skimmer plate. Then the crud you vacuum ends up in the skimmer basket where it's easy to remove.

WATERWORT-VacuumPlate.jpg
or
Casey-AGVacuumPlate.jpg

So the first picture shows what will happen to trap the cleaning hose, the second picture shows what I do to combat it. There is enough suction apparently to hold the hose against the skimmer leaving it unable to release.

Thanks
8cc5c717eb31da3224e54c80a1bb58b5.jpg
77ba699fc89d42d8d92eb8e6044296aa.jpg

Well, I'd like the skimmer to do what it's supposed to do. I get a decent amount of debris per week from the skimmer basket and works very well so I'd hate to by pass it and I like the noodle idea however I think it to would block the skimmer. I'm talking to a metal guy to design a small removable SS grill/overhang or if it's cost to much, I just might switch to an electric Dolphin type rover.

Hi,

My wife says that the skimmer basket used to float up all the time, so she put a kind of large rock into the basket to keep it from floating up.

Is it possible your skimmer basket is also floating up so the hose is getting sucked in, under the basket, into the skimmer inlet?

Thanks, no though. Our basket has a solid locking system, heck it's even hard to get out. It's just draw of the skimmer that holds the hose in place.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.