Usually don't have this much trouble

May 21, 2018
Fredericksburg, Va
OK...Been battling with my pool for the last few weeks to get things up, running and stable. Pretty sure there is a problem with my SWG since I'm getting zero chlorine after running boost for 24 hours. While I have a warranty call in with my pool builder on that I'm trying my best to keep things clear and sanitary:)
With no SWG and having a hard time keeping chlorine I figured I would SLAM
Readings:
FC: 0
CC: .5
PH: 7.2
TA: 120
CH: 270
CYA: 70
Salt: 3400
Temp: 86
Got my bleach together and added what the app said was required for SLAM. App said to use 921oz so I used a full 968 (7 121oz bottles) of 7.5%
2 hours later test says 2.5 for FC % .5 CC. I was really hoping for something around 20 bu no dice. I just opened my Badu swim jet system last week but I've been running it quite a bit to make sure there is nothing nasty hiding in the pipes. Pool has been brushed, vacuumed and the filter pulled apart and cleaned.
Thanks in advance for the usual abundance of help
Tom

With that FC drop, you have something organic in the water.
I bet your SWCG is just fine.
Stay at the SLAM process.

Thanks mknauus. Cleaned my filter this morning and then drove around to find the cheap bleach (Lowes has 10% pool chlorine- $7 for 2 gal). Finally got my FC up to SLAM level and ran the swim jets for a while. Pool got cloudy and now has cleared up with some white stuff floating on the surface. No CC showing in the test so hopefully it will hold and I can fire up my SWCG when its done.
Thanks again
Tom

That has happened to me so many times that I immediately go to SLAM level when my SWG isn't "keeping up." Even with clear water and 0 CCs, something is up. After SLAM levels and passing OCLT, I've been slowly turning the SWG down - started at high percentage for a long time - and even after lots of rain, we are only now getting down to the high end of the recommended range. As the days get longer and weather gets warmer and it's sunnier, I'm testing more frequently and adjusting as needed. We're running at 30% for 12ish hours mostly at low speed right now, and FC isn't dropping. When something was up, 24 hours at 100% wasn't keeping up.

Reactions: splashpad
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.