Urgent! Setting up our 16x32 Intex Ultra XTR missing plastic insert. Replacement tips?

Lucylocket74

Jun 19, 2020
Madisonville, TN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
While setting up we noticed one of the plastic inserts for the horizontal bars was missing and one was cracked. OEM part is not an option due to stock and time, so I was hoping one of you ingenuous people knew of something around the house or hardware store that could be used in place? Is there a temp solution for a couple months set up until the pool can be drained some to hopefully find an original part and install? Posting photo of the part needed.

Attachments

• D7988B12-D712-4F7A-8876-B1D5CCC1423C.png
    D7988B12-D712-4F7A-8876-B1D5CCC1423C.png
    88.4 KB · Views: 27
You have CAD software and a 3D printer available to make your own part? Know someone who does?

Post some pics of the pipes and how they need to be coupled together.

This piece isn’t actually structural and doesn’t hold anything together. The walls on the intex rectangular pools can move quite a bit and this piece is simply a plastic collar that prevents the corner piece from rubbing against the rail on the top of the wall as the wall moves and the corner piece slides in and out.

It’s the white ring you can see in the picture below, most of it is inside the rail. As far as what you can use instead, you can see that there’s a lot of room around it and like I said, all it’s there for is to prevent the metal pieces from rubbing together, so any sort of thin plastic or something that you can fit in the end of that pipe would work. The trick would be trying to secure it so that it doesn’t get pushed further into the pipe or pulled out as the pool moves during use.

1FC3DB97-D567-4D99-812D-CFF777044859.jpeg

I say take the one u do have to the hardware store with u along with the frame peices & see what u can come up with- maybe a peice of pvc or flex tubing? shouldn’t be more than a few $

Reactions: Lucylocket74
This piece isn’t actually structural and doesn’t hold anything together. The walls on the intex rectangular pools can move quite a bit and this piece is simply a plastic collar that prevents the corner piece from rubbing against the rail on the top of the wall as the wall moves and the corner piece slides in and out.

It’s the white ring you can see in the picture below, most of it is inside the rail. As far as what you can use instead, you can see that there’s a lot of room around it and like I said, all it’s there for is to prevent the metal pieces from rubbing together, so any sort of thin plastic or something that you can fit in the end of that pipe would work. The trick would be trying to secure it so that it doesn’t get pushed further into the pipe or pulled out as the pool moves during use.

View attachment 149785
Any thoughts on just trying put some gorilla tape in there to prevent the friction?

Reactions: Mdragger88
I'd think at would turn into a gummy mess after a while. I think i would browse the hardware store first. Maybe able to fashion your own with a thin piece of plastic or even a plastic drinking cup with bottom cut off?
I think I will try something from a bottle or cup, great idea! Thank you

Reactions: sammckin
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.