UPDATE: Pentair Quick Clean issue

Tenna1970

Feb 12, 2019
Gulf Breeze
UPDATE: The pump ran until 9:00 a.m. this morning (24 hrs after it went into Quick Clean mode) then shut itself off. Display has no lights and buttons do not work. Repair guy came buy and said he’d “start” by replacing the control panel. The pump is probably 15 years old. I’m inclined to get a new pump so I don’t have to worry about something else breaking down next week or month. I live in Florida and keep the pool open all year. I run the pump 10-12 hrs a day. With a new pump I’ll have replaced everything in the last 2 years except the plumbing. Guess I want to know if you guys recommend just getting the control panel because that’s probably all it will need? Second photo is the part we need.

I have never programmed Quick Clean on my Pentair. Today QC was running for hours. Manual said to hold QC button for 3 seconds to stop it. That didn’t work. Stop start did not work. My husband turned the power off and the pump stopped. He waited a while and turned it back on. The Quick Clean, Stop/Start, and Time-out lights are on. However, the pump will not come back on. Pool Guy can’t get here till tomorrow. He did tell me it was probably going to cost me $2400 + to fix it as it will most likely need replaced. Husband said the cover on the control box was open. It stormed for hours yesterday. Maybe the wires, etc., got wet and ruined it? I read that it may reset after QV runs for 24 hrs. Any thoughts?

Thanks much!

Attachments

• 8A712421-CAD4-4FD1-A501-5D93EDEDE760.jpeg
    8A712421-CAD4-4FD1-A501-5D93EDEDE760.jpeg
    344.3 KB · Views: 15
  • B93ADA22-FAB8-4F4A-A338-438FDF6D67AA.jpeg
    B93ADA22-FAB8-4F4A-A338-438FDF6D67AA.jpeg
    276 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
You may have water intrusion affecting the electronics. You could try disassembling to dry it out.

You could also get a Whisperflo VST if an Intelliflo pump is not easily available for replacement.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tenna1970
You may have water intrusion affecting the electronics. You could try disassembling to dry it out.

You could also get a Whisperflo VST if an Intelliflo pump is not easily available for replacement.

Tried that. Worked for a bit then all lights went out and buttons don’t work. Ugh

Good info!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The pump is probably 15 years old. I’m inclined to get a new pump so I don’t have to worry about something else breaking down next week or month.

Based on a previous post the pump manufacture date is Nov 2012, so it's just under 10 years old.

Also it might be worth reaching out to member izzi as they've had a similar issue, see post below.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tenna1970
Based on a previous post the pump manufacture date is Nov 2012, so it's just under 10 years old.

Also it might be worth reaching out to member izzi as they've had a similar issue, see post below.

Thanks much.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.