Unwinterized and uncovered

Any tips on how to keep the ducks out of the pool?
Do they still swim in your pool?
The way I got rid of ours was to hit them with a strong spray from the water hose. They left in a loud squawk and never returned.
@Texas Splash @mknauss

How often should i need to add water to the pool? Pool gets full sun from 9AM until 5-6pm every day. Weather has been warm with no rain. I do not have a solar cover at this time. Pump has been running 24hrs a day, mainly due to not being at the house to cycle the pump on and off manually since it doesn't have a timer. I last added water on Tuesday June 29th, and was just under the screws on the skimmer. When i checked the pool an hour ago the water level was to the point the pump and filter had sucked air due to the skimmer flap causing turbulent flow.
Is the pool still loosing water?

Do they still swim in your pool?
The way I got rid of ours was to hit them with a strong spray from the water hose. They left in a loud squawk and never returned.

Is the pool still loosing water?
As far as i can tell the ducks are gone. The pools floats seem to be working.

Yes, but its likely right around that 1/4" a day that was in @mknauss's reply.

Reactions: mariane
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.