Unsure of Which Pool Type is Best for Us

You will be fine with vinyl I use alot of 30mil liners they are thick they just dont puncture and 27s are good too we use them on free forms. You are in a pricey market 20k for a fiberglass splash pad with overflow is steep. 75k isn't bad for full package and water features if its higher end equipment. Plus that's a big pool lagoons feel like big pools. That's not far off from what I would price. 80k for a gunite shell is insane

We met with our vinyl PB builder. To add a fiberglass tanning ledge to the vinyl pool would add $20k, which would put us at $95k total for it. He said that they use TredTec (30 mil) on tanning ledge and stairs and 27 mil (Latham liner) everywhere else. He said 75% of their customers have dogs and the only issue he knows about is a scared deer that got stuck. He said even if the have to patch, it’s not expensive and they would do it from behind so it wasn’t visible.

We also met with a gunite builder who priced just a 18x36 pool (no deck) at $90k - pool total at $130k. I’m not sure that would include pebble sheen or lighting, but maybe. I spoke to another gunite installer briefly who said just the pool with no cleaning/sanitizing/decking would be $80k. Unfortunately, I think that puts gunite out of our price range.😢

The $75k for vinyl is their “platinum” package, which has “everything you would need to keep your pool clean and beautiful”. This includes bubblers, automation, VS filter, saltwater, large filter, 22x38x33 lagoon 3’6” - 8’. I think this is the way we’re going to go. I think?

Will that include a pool robot cleaner? If not take a look online at Doheny Pool Store. They have a private label branded robot series that are made for them by Maytronics and are comparable to a Dauphin cleaner. I bought the Discovery and if I’m not mistaken it was the same as a Dauphin S2, not quite sure of the name. There is a forum here that deals with cleaners and such that you might find useful. I use mine a lot!
Gary

@GaryWHolland It includes a "complete vacuum system" as well as Legend Auto Cleaner. I will definitely be looking at the cleaning and chemical section to learn how to keep everything clean and clear. I have so much to learn there. I also started a new thread that has all of my options, and what I was adding/questioning. There's an attachment on there that lists it all out - Contract Questions

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.