Underwater epoxy

Mar 22, 2011
Largo, FL USA
Greetings,

I've got an in-ground concrete/gunite pool. It's got a leak where the plastic skimmer attaches. About 18 months ago, I hired a company to come out and find/fix the leak. They did find it. Money well spent because the leak wasn't where I thought and they blasted some white goo onto it with a caulk gun. I asked him what it was and he said it was epoxy. Well, I'm leaking again, the epoxy does tend to get chalky and presumably wear away in the chlorine and sun. I'd like to find some expoxy and DIY. Seems silly to pay someone $150 to put epoxy in there if I already know where the problem lies.

I see the Anderson putty stuff, but I'd much rather find something like a caulk-gun sized tube that I can spooge out and smooth with my finger than putty.

Any suggestions?

There are quite are few under water epoxy products by different manufacturers. A quick google will turn up a lot of em for you. If the previous guys that fixed used a caulk gun thing, then this might have been it?

If it is leaking again something may be moving to cause the cracks. Need to see pics of the entire situation.

As stated above, you probably had some movement, and it opened up again. I use A+B epoxy putty. It will work above or below the water line (just no cold temps while trying to cure). This is something you may need to deal with forever, unless you do a major repair and even then, it may happen again. It's all about soil type+ ground movement+water. You will need to monitor this diligently as the amount of movement can be directly related to the amount of water introduced to the area (leak). If unchecked, water leaking into the area over time can cause more and more movement. Even if you get the leak stopped you may have had too much erosion and the wieght of the water and structure can and will keep moving if there is no more support. If you have caught it in time (amount of water let into the area) Post #5 may work for you. Although those types of repairs are only good for nice semi straight cracks in the floor or walls where access is not an issue. If you are having a separation between the skimmer and the pool (skimmer throat), im not sure if this type of repair would be possible.

Good Luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.