Under construction in McKinney Tx (Complete)

Re: Under construction in McKinney Tx

We have our decked poured, now have to wait till Monday for the stone guy to comeback and lat the stone for the deck step. I wish I could get a couple good days in a row with work getting done. Looks like a messy back, side, and front yards for Easter.

8595552463_90c9e9d909.jpg

8596661420_01648a5b28.jpg

8595557725_b5919d4fd4.jpg

Looks great! I hear ya! We are plastering tomorrow finally and my fire pit still needs to be built.. and spray deck... so those should happen early next week, but I am not sure why it has to wait? But, really, we are ok as the pool is the main part to get going...

When we built our last pool, it was work one day, then nothing for two days; work one day, nothing for two more days, sometimes more. It was one of our biggest frustrations, but I heard from many experts that no PB does it from start to finish on one job continuously. Same thing with this pool renovation - You see a flurry of activity to start, then the crew is pulled off your job to go start another job. Then back, then off again. I have some plaster still to be chipped off, and the tile guys can't finish their work until that happens. ALL of the plaster that's been chipped off is still in the bottom of the pool - I guess the plaster guys will take it out.

At least it looks like most of the tile will be on today, and the stone crew is cutting the pea gravel for the coping. I expect tomorrow will be a dead day (it may rain), because I've seen one crew or the other for 3 days in a row. I think any construction company does this - juggle jobs and crews for maximum results/payout.

Good news that they will now come tomorrow and start cleanup. Monday they will do the last part of stone work and start landscaping beds on Monday.

but I heard from many experts that no PB does it from start to finish on one job continuously.

An insider once told me that the reason for this behavior is once the draw for the gunite has been made, most of the profit for the build has been captured. There is no sense of urgency after that point.

bigdav160 said:
but I heard from many experts that no PB does it from start to finish on one job continuously.

An insider once told me that the reason for this behavior is once the draw for the gunite has been made, most of the profit for the build has been captured. There is no sense of urgency after that point.

That sounds right. I went back and looked through my file on the pool we built, and it was 4 mos. from contract to final sign-off, almost 5 mos. We signed the contract in June and weren't swimming until October. Now, granted, we had some challenges - the access was difficult and the dig was in a tight spot; had to re-route the sewer line; move the AC unit about 15" - but those were not insurmountable. It really did take too long. Of course if we had started in the off-season, we wouldn't have had such a long process.

Txsteel, what happens next? I know your anxious! We still have spray decking and build fire pit, pool school etc. They were supposed to do those items early this week but rain is in the forecast so may be delayed. But, I am ok cause we have water!! We are on a time line for my son's 5th birthday party on 27th... we moved it our due to having to wait the 3 weeks to be able to heat the pool and a tball game on the 20th! So, we shoud be ok. You are so close!
Remind me.. are you doing salt?

Texgirl,
This week is finish a small amount of stone work, landscape beds, sprinklers and then planting. They also need to set and hook up equipment, run auto feel line and final electrical. Then it will be time for Pebblesheen and sod.

Yes we went salt. I have a guy lined up to seal all the stone and concrete after it is complete. Everyone complains about the flagstone eroding because of salt. That's the nature of the stone, I already see places the new stone has eroded.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Thats great you are getting all your landscaping done at same time. Was this all included in your pool? If it was thats great! We are doing ours seperately. They came to work on extending our fence on the side where the pool equipment is. We should have enough space for a small storage unit. We got spray decking today so now just have to build fire pit, install slide, get equipment working properly and we are done!

I posted some pics... check them out! KIM

Texgirl,
I seen your latest picture. Your pool looks great. The landscaping is separate, but he works with the pool builder as well as the irrigation guy. What I like about that is they all communicate so they each know what is happening next and where everything is going to be.

It's amazing how much better things looks with just adding a little landscaping. Now I need to rain to hold off for a while so the can finish the landscaping and pool.
8616384461_83725639fc.jpg

I was curious what kind of decking you have? We have an extension of our patio that we did a few years ago that is stamped concrete -- and we are looking to do sundeck for our decking. I was worried it would look strange having 2 different materials next to each other.

Cajun,

Yes, there will be a stone step with the face being a the block stone like the wall covered with flagstone.

TxALH,

We went with a plain heavy texture stamped concrete in a neutral beige color.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.