Under construction in McKinney Tx (Complete)

Re: Under construction in McKinney Tx

Your pool is coming along nicely! I really like your flagstone too.. Glad it turned out the way you wanted.

Thanks Imrodee.

How is your stone holding up to the salt water. I think it would be good to hear from you and others that have had salt water and flagstone installed.

So far.. so good! The PB put a sealer on it when he finished last year and I haven't noticed any deterioration. It's early yet - but my brother has had a SW pool for 10 years, and hasn't had any issues. I suppose it depends on the flagstone, some is flakier than others.

Txsteel- we are neck in neck now! They started on our decking yesterday, but mainly prep work, ripping out old deck etc. Rained today, so tomorrow start on framing and pour friday. Hoping for plaster early next week. Sounds like you are in same boat, right?

Stone work looks great!

Txgirl,

Decking frame work completed today with inspection tomorrow pour will not be till Monday or Tuesday. Then cleanup, fence work, equipment hookup, sprinklers, then pebblesheen. I see another good two to three weeks at least. [attachment=0:3iyk8r34]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363831785.456781.jpg[/attachment:3iyk8r34]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363831785.456781.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363831785.456781.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 287

Looking great! They framed our decking today as well, but we don't have inspections! So they are pouring tomorrow. Plaster early next week, not sure when yet. We will worry about sprinkler mess when they are done....we had a system that is now ruined... I told my husband we should not put one in the back since we had plans for a pool.. but... here we are. I think he was hoping I would forget about the pool!

My mosaics came in and I am so glad I got them... group of turtles and a nemo!

I have been had about pics.. been a busy week. I will update mine tomororw once they pour the deck.

KIM

Thanks for the compliments Texgirl and Imrodee. Slow going until next week, patients is not one of my virtues. I’m ready to see some green in the back yard as well as cleaning all the dust of the existing patio. Our dark wood floors in the house currently have an old saloon type look to them.

The pool looks great! We are almost at the same point in that the rock and tile work is done. They start framing the decking on Monday.

fyi...if you have not purchased your volleyball sleeves/set...I highly recommend this system from a company that is up by you in The Colony. http://www.coolpoolproducts.com/store/s ... ?itemid=15

They are a bit pricey but the quality is top notch and well worth the one-time expense if you plan on playing some serious volleyball durng the life of the pool.

Thanks sfawley,

We're not really planning on any serious volleyball, more just casual back and forth as the pool is not truely setup for it. Is it really worth it to go with stainless over the heavy gauge PVC?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

txsteel said:
Thanks sfawley,

We're not really planning on any serious volleyball, more just casual back and forth as the pool is not truely setup for it. Is it really worth it to go with stainless over the heavy gauge PVC?

It was worth it for us for a couple of reasons. Our inserts are in the benches under water so the posts are close to 5 feet long. PVC would probably tend to bend with the weight and pull of the net not to mention people coming down on it. The stainless posts also look fabulous so it will not bother us to leave the net up even when we are not actively playing volleyball.

I really dislike days when no work is being done. 2 more days until deck is poured and then they can at least start cleaning up my yard. Love our dog, but muddy paw prints on the dark hardwood floors is getting very tiring.

Rain is better than hail.. We were peppered here Saturday! HAHA! (No damage tho.) :party:

I hear ya! I have decking now but still have sand in my house due to not having replaced the grass yet! I amm soooo ready to get that fixed!

I also hate days with no action..... we were supposed to plaster tomorrow but unfortunately had to move back few days because contractor didn't have my qtz color in stock and it didn't arrive today like it should have.....

I posted a bunch pics but no one has looked I guess, check them out.

:lol: @Texgirl,,You chould put your link in your signature... that would help!

@Texgirl,,You chould put your link in your signature... that would help!

Up at the top go to user control panel.... Then look for the tab that says update signature. I think they like it to be 4 lines or less. Hope that helps!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.