Ultra Pure and Nature 2 Fusion In-Ground

Apr 13, 2017
Little Elm Texas
First post everyone. We are starting the process of getting our pool.
Going with same builder that my neighbor went with. Liked everything they did.

We are in Dallas Texas by the way.

Doing some research on here. My neighbor got the Ultra Pure (the ultraviolet light thing), and the Nature 2 Fusion In-Ground (I believe this is the correct one as it is for a chlorine pool).

Did some research, seems everyone thinks the Ultra Pure is a waste of money for where I live?

How about the Nature 2 Fusion In-Ground. Supposed to be a mineral sanitizer? Pic Attached.

20170413_181058.jpg

Lardo, (You don't get to say that and not get in trouble, too often...)

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all your new pool questions... :shark:

Sorry, but you will not find much support for using 3" tablets, UV systems nor mineral systems here at TFP..

Here are the three ways that we recommend a pool be maintained...

1. Manually add Liquid Chlorine or plain Bleach on a regular basis. Usually daily or ever other day.
2. Use a Stenner pump to automatically add Liquid Chlorine or bleach.
3. Use a Saltwater Chlorine Generator (SWCG) to convert the salt in your pool into chlorine.

I'll let some of our chemical experts chime in as to why we don't approve of other methods...

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

After you read... I will say this. When my pool was built, they included that Nature2 unit. I didn't know much about it, other than the starter cartridge would last the remainder of the season, and my pool builder would be happy to sell me a replacement at opening. My understanding is that the Nature2 unit is provided free to pool builders.

Knowing better now, I will keep it inline as it will serve nicely as a puck feeder when we're away on vacation or something. Otherwise it does nothing more than connect two pipes... I assume there was a plug for the mineral cartridge that was thrown away when the "starter" cartridge was installed. I was able to take it apart and get the mineral pellets out, and now use the empty cartridge as a plug.

Howdy Lardo, I bought my first pool in September 2016 and it came with a house. I struggled with pool service companies, tabs, and algae for 3 months before asking The Great Google for a better way. I found TFP in December and quickly fired the pool service company, saving $160 per month, and started buying bleach. Feb this year I switched to a SWG and that dude is awesome! I have heard many people say, once you go SWG, you won't go back. I am now one of those people. The only time I hear anything negative about SWG is from ignorant people, and they can be enlightened, if they are open to it. You have the opportunity to set this up exactly how you want from the beginning. Do the reading above, ask more questions (preferably to the non-ignorants), do your own research, and make the decision that is best for you.

Here at TFP its all about the KISS principle(Keep It Simple):cool:
im also a SWG fan and use the stenner type pump for Muratic Acid.
Cant get any more simple than that.

Good luck!

Felipe

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.