Uk - Intex Xtr 18 x 9 build

That’s pretty quick heat up there! I seem to get about 3-4 degrees in 12 hours. Albeit it is a bit faster at lower temps.

Be interested in your eleccy consumption of the thing if you monitor it.

That’s pretty quick heat up there! I seem to get about 3-4 degrees in 12 hours. Albeit it is a bit faster at lower temps.

Be interested in your eleccy consumption of the thing if you monitor it.
It’s going to be hard to tell. One of the reasons I got this is because I already have Solar PV (3.6kwh capacity) so I’m hoping I save some with that. I’ve not managed to get any monitoring inside the electric circuits just on in (and out) to the house.

24C (75F) now at 10.20pm and been that way for just over an hour but air temp down to about 12C (54F). I’m going to leave it on overnight tonight to try to get temp up (target set at 30C / 86F not sure if I’ll ever reach that) then I’ll turn it off tomorrow night to see what overnight loss is.

Got up this morning and it’s 28C (82F) at 9am. Definitely warm enough for swimming but a big hit on the electricity (I can only see numbers to midnight but yesterday was a 50kwh day compared to a normal 10-20).
Not too bad for a 12C temp increase for £5 (just over $7).
I’ve left it running and need to go and give the pool a vacuum today before the swimming gala starts :)

Reactions: UKjames and Rushey
It’s sat at 29C pretty much all day (heat pump turned off about midday). I got about 45mins in the pool and my daughter did about 90 mins (golf interrupted my swim :))
It was fantastic, lovely and warm, and felt like being on holiday. Having any sort of pool is unusual in the UK so this was great. Looking forward to to the next week, school holidays and 22C (72F) sunny weather forecast all week.

No heat pump overnight and with ambient temperatures down to 9 or 10C (<50F) pool temp dropped 4C to 25C (77F). I have a 500micron solar cover so I’m guessing that is helping.
Pump and heat pump kicked in on the timer at 8am so hopefully will be up to temp by the time we want to swim!

Reactions: Rushey
Heat pump is going well. It’s timed for 8am - 1pm but doesn’t need to run that whole time (well at least I think so based upon the electricity usage).
Temp is set for 30C (86F) and it has no trouble reaching or maintaining that. We’ve had nice sunny (ish) weather all week with temps in the mid 20s (mid 70s) and the pool is always still warm right up until 11pm (the latest we’ve swam).
Ive been in the pool every day, my 12 year old daughter many times each day since we got the heat pump. I never thought that would happen in the uk.
Loving the pool life.

It’s been a while so thought I’d update.
2022 was great with the pool. The heat pump worked well and we had good swimming temps from mid May until mid September.
When we got the pool out of storage there were a couple of small pin sized holes where it had folded. I patched these in freezing cold water. I also installed the skimmer following the many examples in the forums. This helped with reducing the amount of manual work I needed to do.

I did have an algae outbreak when I was on holiday and my neighbor who was looking after the pool didn’t know what to do. I’d taught them how to measure FC and add chlorine, I got them to bring it to SLAM level once they mentioned the cloudyness but was pretty bleak when I got back. It took just over a week of SLAM to clear again. I’ve got a sand filter so not a surprise.

Given the holes from over winter storage we decided to leave it up over the winter. So far looking ok. I have dumped a bunch of chlorine into the pool last week and used a sump pump to circulate as I’ve disconnected all my pipe work for winter. Another few weeks and I’ll put it all back together so that I can chlorinate properly as the temps increase.

Next steps are looking at a more semi permanent pool. I’m thinking about a wooden sided pool that I’ve seen as I need a rectangular shape based on my garden size and the metal sided ones are nearly all round (for good physics reasons).

It’s been a while so thought I’d update.
2022 was great with the pool. The heat pump worked well and we had good swimming temps from mid May until mid September.
When we got the pool out of storage there were a couple of small pin sized holes where it had folded. I patched these in freezing cold water. I also installed the skimmer following the many examples in the forums. This helped with reducing the amount of manual work I needed to do.

I did have an algae outbreak when I was on holiday and my neighbor who was looking after the pool didn’t know what to do. I’d taught them how to measure FC and add chlorine, I got them to bring it to SLAM level once they mentioned the cloudyness but was pretty bleak when I got back. It took just over a week of SLAM to clear again. I’ve got a sand filter so not a surprise.

Given the holes from over winter storage we decided to leave it up over the winter. So far looking ok. I have dumped a bunch of chlorine into the pool last week and used a sump pump to circulate as I’ve disconnected all my pipe work for winter. Another few weeks and I’ll put it all back together so that I can chlorinate properly as the temps increase.

Next steps are looking at a more semi permanent pool. I’m thinking about a wooden sided pool that I’ve seen as I need a rectangular shape based on my garden size and the metal sided ones are nearly all round (for good physics reasons).
Great thread, very informative too and is helping my project - also planning on putting in an above ground wooden pool in the UK and a heat pump (considering a Remora like yours, or a Pro Team, but haven't found much info on them yet). Did you ever go for a wooden pool?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support