OK ... here are my numbers:

FC = 7.5
Salt = 2600
CH = 200
CYA = 75
TA = 60
pH = 7.8
Pho = 500

Based on a 15,000 gallon fiberglass pool with a SWG and the Pool Calculator I come up with:

PoolMath

FC = Do nothing
Salt = Add 100 lbs.
CH = Add 222 oz by weight or 177 oz by volume of calcium chloride. What is calcium chloride ???
CYA = Add 10 oz by weight or 10 oz by volume of stabilizer. What is stabilizer ???
TA = Add 141 oz by weight or 113 oz by volume of baking soda. That is like 8.8 lbs.
pH = Given TA of 60 and Borate of 0 (I don't know how to test for Borate !!! ) Add 9.4 oz of muriatic acid BUT it looks like it depends on the strength of the acid
Pho = Add 1 qt. of PhosFree

The water looks really good so I'm surprised I need to add so much stuff.

*** ALSO ... IS THERE A SPECIFIC ORDER I NEED TO PLACE THE CHEMICALS IN AND DELAYS BETWEEN PUTTING SOME IN ??? ****

Sorry for freaking out and not thoroughly reading all of the stuff it's just that I travel a lot due to work and the Mrs. already went ahead and ordered Alkalinity Up instead of waiting for me to pick up some Baking Soda and wants to hire a pool company !!!

Dont freak out.

do follow the link Leebo posted and do some reading

CH is important for plaster pools. Doesn’t matter for vinyl and I think also doesn’t matter for fiberglass.

Cya = stabilizer

Alkalinity Up = an overpriced tub of baking soda

Your PH is in an OK range. If its stable I wouldn’t mess with it unless you have a reason you think it’s giving you trouble

all this knowledge and more within pool school!!!

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Perfect is the enemy of good enough. Anywhere within the recommended ranges is good enough. Trying to get perfect numbers can start throwing other things off. All of your results are within range except for your salt. Every pool has its own natural balance. Learn what yours is without dumping a lot of chemicals into it.

Focus on FC and PH. Your CYA is fine. You only adjust TA if you have problems with your PH.

Relax and enjoy your pool.

OK ... here are my numbers:

FC = 7.5
Salt = 2600
CH = 200
CYA = 75
TA = 60
pH = 7.8
Pho = 500

Add Salt and go swimming.

What goals do you have set? Pool Math tells you what to add based on current levels vs. goals.

How did you get a phosphate level with the K2006?

While low CH is not an issue for your pool, high CH can lead to scaling of your pool surfaces and SWG cell.

Your CYA should be rounded up to 80ppm.

Thanks everyone !

I feel much better and will just add salt.

No reason to fix what ain't broken ... i.e. the water looks good

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.